Can't Make Route

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:55 pm
ID: Aircraft ID - 502, 503
Type: Route Logic
Description:
My Convair 440s listed above are unable to fly non-round trip flights.
I have hubs in Chicago Midway(MDW), and Baltimore(BWI).
502 is flying MDW-DFW-BWI-IAH-MDW.
503 is flying MDW-MIA-BWI-MCO-MDW.  All of these routes are 0.5 frequency flights.

When I go to add another flight on one of these planes to Seattle, it only shows me the other planes (I haven't started routes on any of them yet) when I go to pick the plane to use.  Other routes allow 502/503 to fly on them only if there is enough time left for a 1 frequency flight (for example, with shorter flights to Chicago O'Hare or Washington Dulles).
These planes have enough hours, I have open slots at Midway (the intended departure airport), and I have slots at Seattle.
Airline Details: Freedom Air - ID 33390 [W1073]
Freedom Air - World 1073World 1217
ID: 33390

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:40:25 pm
Simple: you cannot operate more than two 0.5 flights out of one airport with the same aircraft.  Both planes you have shown have already got two 0.5s into both MDW and BWI, so that's why you can't use them.

It's a logic thing really.  A 0.5 flight represents a sector that is only flown in one direction on any day (a 1 is a round-trip on the same day).  If a plane has two 0.5 flights out of an airport then you can see it as having flown in from somewhere, turned around and flown off to somewhere else again.  It is therefore not physically at the airport to fly another 0.5 route.
ID: 8330

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:54:30 pm
That still doesn't make sense to me.  This is the routing that I planned out:
MDW to IAH
IAH to BWI
BWI to DFW
DFW to MDW (going back to Midway)
MDW to SEA (all one-way).

I'm not sure how this wouldn't work logically, especially since I can still fly flights with 1 frequency. since the planes are either in one of the hubs, or at one of the destinations.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:17:22 am by Arcanum »

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:04:41 am
I'll double check the logic; but unfortunately between travel, sleep, and work I won't be able to properly look until Wednesday at the earliest.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:44:22 am
I'll double check the logic; but unfortunately between travel, sleep, and work I won't be able to properly look until Wednesday at the earliest.

Thank you, but please, do it when you have the free time.  Health comes first, and I'm in no rush anyway. :)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:53:07 pm
Alright: I've looked at the way the file is set up today and can shed a little more light on it.  The present one-way logic (the attempts to prevent irrational one-way flights) is not yet smart enough to properly detect more complex circle routes (i.e. A-B, B-C, C-A assuming all one-ways) and allow the logical exception of another A-? one-way.  Similar issues arise from closing such routes if allowed (i.e. A-B, B-C,C-A,A-X needs to prevent closure of B-C; or it would create an irrational one-way scenario, while any route in A is a valid closure. assuming all one-ways).

I'll see what I can do to come up with an efficient & reasonable way to improve this, but unfortunately there's occasionally a downside to our present incomparability with proper time-tabling.  I cannot promise a quick turn-around on this; but I'll do what i can.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 08:47:47 pm
More bad news.  I've been able to close two routes to make an illogical flight pattern.
(This was with aircraft 502)
These were its routes:
MDW-DFW 0.5x
DFW-BWI 0.5x
BWI-MKE 1x
BWI-IAH 0.5x
IAH-MDW 0.5x
MDW-IND 1x

I closed BWI-IAH, which is logically possible.  But then I was allowed to close BWI-DFW.
That resulted in:
MDW-DFW 0.5x
IAH-MDW 0.5x
MDW-IND 1x
BWI-MKE 1x

The plane is no longer at BWI, but I was able to close the route bringing it (DFW-BWI) there without having to close BWI-MKE.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:57:59 pm by Arcanum »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk