Airline Mogul Forum

Creating a foreign focus city

toratein90

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:17 am
Hi,

I am thinking about starting a new foreign focus city. I am currently based in Frankfurt, Europe and wish to create a foreign base at New York La Guardia.

Does anyone know how long it takes before the focus city is operative? And if I order new planes, do they need to be able to fly over the Atlantic, or can I for example order two low range planes to be delivered and base them at La Guardia?

Thanks for any help! :D

Cheers

Toratein90

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:18:21 am
As soon as you create your foreign focus city then it will become active, so there's no delay there.

In terms of aircraft, there is no need to link your bases so you could order really low-range planes to operate out of LGA if you wanted.
ID: 8330

toratein90

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:48:58 am
As soon as you create your foreign focus city then it will become active, so there's no delay there.

In terms of aircraft, there is no need to link your bases so you could order really low-range planes to operate out of LGA if you wanted.

Thanks for helping me! :D

sne

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:49:28 pm
when u create a focus city and then you want to close the base, does the money return?

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:32:25 pm
when u create a focus city and then you want to close the base, does the money return?
No.
ID: 8330

sne

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 07:07:27 pm
hi i started with a base in atlanta and now i created a focus city en copenhagen because i prefere europe. i closed my starting base in atlanta but now i have to create another one but it only allows me to create in america. why? thx

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 09:18:46 pm
Which World are you playing in and what are the base limits?
these will be shown as this -
(example) [3] 10

These show you how many focus cities you can have outside your first home continent

The 10 shows you how many bases you can have IN TOTAL.
The 3 signifies how many of these can be 'foreign' in other words OUTSIDE your choice of base Continent.

Remember also that every 'focus city' you create counts as 2 towards your tally.

I would imagine (but do not know without your world information) that as you chose the US to start operations in, that you MUST have a US base as your home hub.

sne

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:20:14 pm
PW#1164. boeing snow plow

hmm ok then. thank you for the help. i dont remember if i had to choose the continent in the beggining.. ;)

DkCr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 03:56:20 am
Just remember that focus cities created on your home continent takes up 1 slot from the total number of focus cities you can make. Focus cities created outside your continent counts as 2 towards the total.

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 05:42:06 am
If you had a starting base in North America, your home continent will always be in North America, even if you delete your starting base. If you want to change continents, then you can ask for a reset at :staff:.

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

sne

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:14:40 pm
hmm thx. and that reset would start me from 0?

Unknown98

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Quamu
Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 02:48:26 am
Yes.
Olympus Airways: PW #1291
ID: 18849

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk