Airline Mogul Forum

Online flying/flight sims?

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 13, 2009, 11:30:39 am
I don't have any flight sim software and really keen to try start flying an aircraft online. Is there any online flying/flight sims I can use?

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 02:54:27 pm
There aren't really any flight sims online. You would need to buy FS2004 or FSX if you want to play with other people (you need to download extra software if you want to connect to the big networks). If you only want single player, there are also a few other smaller sims around, like X-Plane and Flight Gear (which is free) to name a few. I think, however, in terms of the number of players (and therefore both freeware and payware addons), the Microsoft sims are the best. However, you will need a good computer to play them.

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:11:55 pm
Thanks. What a shame there aren't any online. I will look at getting a flight sim in future.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:08:03 pm
I believe Aerosoft are looking into developing a very realistic flight sim, but this will also be quite expensive. It is supposed to fill the void for Microsoft Flight Sim users since Microsoft pulled the product.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 05:05:56 pm
Don't forget Google Earth.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:08:47 pm
Google earth is. :roll: .. erm... a cockpit view without any instruments and 3-D scenery

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:44:22 pm
Did Microsoft actually pull the plug on the FS series? I know they closed the studio responsible for making it, but I thought they were planning on moving it to another studio. I don't know if they make much money on FS - it seems like a lot of work, and the games don't appear to be really popular.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 03:02:52 pm
Did Microsoft actually pull the plug on the FS series? I know they closed the studio responsible for making it, but I thought they were planning on moving it to another studio. I don't know if they make much money on FS - it seems like a lot of work, and the games don't appear to be really popular.
ACES was axed by MS, but they have set up shop on their own

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177537

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:11 am
Microsoft still own the game rights though, so I don't think ACES (or a successor) could use the original code.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 04:11:44 pm
Microsoft still own the game rights though, so I don't think ACES (or a successor) could use the original code.

who would want to use the original code anyway?  :roll:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk