Airline Mogul Forum

Gate Warning

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 08, 2009, 08:54:15 am
Hi

I have had a warning messege sent to me that one of my gates is flagged for closure because it is not being used. However this is my base airport and I have 9 gates with loads of planes using them, infact only yesterday after creating more routes I was told I needed to rent another gate for this base . Is there something I've overlooked - when I view gates , my base has a total gate usage of 87%. Is there a way I can see a utilisation of all the 9 gates at my base ?

Thanks

Giant Aircraft Group

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:18:54 am
Hi,

we need your user id and the world id to get into details.

But basically speaking, when you go to view gate, and you can see the slots left open.
If free slots <= the roundup(freq of new route you try to create), then you need more gates.
If free slots => 10, then you have one of more gates idle.

If you have gate(s) idle at month change, the airport would be flagged with the appropriate number of idle gates. By the next month change, the idle gates (if any) <= flagged number would be returned automatically.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:22:21 am by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:39:55 am
Ok Thanks

Airline ID = 30215
Public World 850

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:58 am
You have 11 slots free at LHR, and thus you have 1 free gate.

In Jun 00, game month, you have rent one gate. Month change Jun -> Jul, you had 0 gate flagged.
In Jul 00, you have not rent any new gates at LHR, which means your gate number remained the same.
However, an aircraft was returned, either by you, or more likely, automatically (at Jun->Jul) with the lease expired, and some routes have been closed. That is probably the reason why you have more slots idle for the month change Jul -> Aug.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 01:24:33 pm
Thanks for the reply

True, I did return some lease planes and did not replace them or the routes, I'll remember this next time

thanks for your support

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk