Airline Mogul Forum

Replacing aircraft on a route

EFish

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 05, 2009, 07:28:00 pm
Hello all, fairly new but getting the hang of it. Once i earn enough money to purchase an aircraft outright and replace my leased one, are you able to replace the new aircraft on the routes that the leased one is currently flying or must you close the route and reopen it with the new aircraft? Thanks.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:24:16 pm
You have to close all routes and recreate them.

The process you described is called "hotswapping".

Yes, it is in development at this time. No, no one knows when it will be completed.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:41:31 am
There is a temporary solution to hotswapping. When you want to close the routes, instead of using the "close all" button, close the routes individually (you should be able to do this from the View Aircraft page).
It will ask you to confirm you wish to close the route (do so).
The next page which comes up will just have a button saying "Recreate Route". If you click this, it will bring you to the stage of creating a route immediately after you select the cities involved. You can then choose the new aircraft and set the fare. This will work whenever you are replacing planes, be it leased to leased, leased to owned or owned to owned. You can also use this when you are getting a new plane.
This does take more time than an automated system but at least speeds up the process a little.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk