Airline Mogul Forum

Token costs?

Cascade Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 02, 2009, 08:58:32 am
I am quite obviously a noob, albeit one that tries not to be too stupid and has 1.197M DOC (W799) after two (real) days of playing.  I have noticed various assorted references to 'tokens' to do stuff such as enhance assorted search functions and create private worlds.  However, the cost of performing any given action in tokens seems to be quite nebulous as it does not appear I can look up the cost without actually going to do something and stopping just short of the "confirm" button or what have you.  I searched the game manual wiki for "tokens" but only found peripheral references in other articles.  The only hard cost I've found actually referenced in the manual is 30 tokens to enter another world to play multiple worlds at once, in which case I can just wait for them to accrue.

Is there any kind of table anywhere that lists stuff you can do with tokens and the cost of doing it?  It would be kind of stupid for me to consider buying any without knowing in advance what they would be worth to me. :roll:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:57:41 pm
There is no current list for all token features. The Wiki is maintained by the community rather than Airline Mogul, thats why its a Wiki and not a fixed manual. Feel free to update it if you want with the information below. Private world costs vary depending on the specification, so there is no way appart from specifying the values for a world to get a total cost. When creating a private world, there is no difference between paid tokens and free tokens.

There are two premium features:
Feature:Paid Tokens:Free Tokens:Duration:
Premium Aircraft Search10602 Months
Premium Gate Search10602 Months
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Cascade Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 09:48:06 pm
Thank you.  I suppose I'll have to stay on the world I am on for a few real months to let some tokens accumulate, and then fiddle around with starting a private world and altering the starting settings before confirming, to get an idea of what add-ons cost what.

For duration, is that two real months or two game months?  And if you have both free and paid tokens when buying a premium search function, what kind of token will be deducted first?  If you have 9 paid tokens and 54 free tokens, can you combine them?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:03:09 am
For duration, is that two real months or two game months?

They are real months, game months would be a little unfair in the grand scheme of things I would say. 

And if you have both free and paid tokens when buying a premium search function, what kind of token will be deducted first?  If you have 9 paid tokens and 54 free tokens, can you combine them?

Short answer, no.
Stephen Murphy

Cascade Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:55:07 am
Short answer, no.

Which kind of token would be deducted first, free or paid?   :P

Hey if I'm going to do a wiki on this I need all the information I can get.  Sorry if this makes me seem like a pain in the rear end.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:18 am
When you buy a premium feature, you can choose to either pay with 10 paid tokens or 60 free tokens.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 03:44:13 pm
Rather than make a new topic, I'll make the suggestion here.

Can we get discounts for purchasing premium features for longer than 2 months? Something like below...

Paid Tokens:Free Tokens:Duration:
10602 Months
181154 Months
251706 Months

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 03:45:47 pm
Which kind of token would be deducted first, free or paid?   :P

For areas where a combination are used, free tokens are deducted first.
Stephen Murphy

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 08:06:04 am
You already get discount for bulk buying tokens, why do you need to discount buying upgrades too. People wil still buy more tokens to get the discount there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk