Airline Mogul Forum

Same Route, Two Planes

wnnl · 6 · 1962

wnnl

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 22, 2009, 01:58:36 am
I am new to the game and couldn't find any answer to my question. Sorry if this has been posted and answered before.

I have a route with one plane and have just purchases another plane.

With this second plane should I get put it on the same route as my first plane or should I create new routes for my second plane?

What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:43:27 am
It is possible to have more than one plane travel between the same two airports in AirlineMogul.

However, it is not on the same route (as defined by the route ID number).

Say plane 1, flies from JFK to LGA with a frequency of once daily. If plane 1 has not more time, but you want another plane, plane 2, to fly JFK to LGA, you can do so (as long as you have enough slots), though the route number plane two has will be different.

Pros:
More money

Cons:
You may be able to make that money more efficiently by sending Plane 2 to another airport, say EWR.

(Yes I know that JFK, LGA and EWR are all really close to each other and to my knowledge not served directly from one another. Except JFK-EWR via helicopter.)

wnnl

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 03:23:22 am
OK, Thanks. I was just wondering because  if you have 2 FREQ on the same plane your profit goes down.

BahamutZero

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:17:03 am
Just addition information.

Loading factor 100% doesn't mean you maximized your profit.

For example:
$100  with loading factor 90% will have revenue of $9000
$80    with loading factor 100% will have revenue of $8000

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:53:48 pm
100% will always make you the most money, you just need to find the highest price you can charge and still make 100% lf. So in the above situation you may find that 90€ is more profitable. I know I have never made more money by having a smaller load factor however much highter or lower the price is.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:03:12 pm
Well.. about the additional info....

Yes, the optimum DOC should be achieved with LFs less than 100%.

However, the difference between optimum LF and 100% in smaller planes (e.g. Twin Otters, HS-748s) is so small that (within 99.995% - 100%) that the system simply rounds it off to 100.00%.

However, as the plane gets larger, the difference between Optimum LF and 100% LF also increases.

The difference between optimum LF on a 747 is around 90% and the difference should be noticeable when youre stepping into 180-190 seaters. The optimum LF for 180 - 190 seaters is around 99%.

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk