Airline Mogul Forum

Multi-routes

overworked

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 10, 2009, 11:02:55 pm
Hi

I'm new to the game and need some help.  I have been able to get a lot of my question answered reading through the various posting except for one.  I been looking through the forum regarding multi-routes.  I read through many of the posting, and so far I haven't found any that shows how to create multi-routes.  I notices in a few posting, the talk about frequencies of routes, having multi-routes and how they work, but non actually show how to create a multi-routes.  When I say multi-routes, I mean creating a route that flies for point A to B to C to D.  At the moment I have routes fly to a destination and returning to my hub and then flying to another destination (ie. A to B to A, A to C to A, A to D to A)  This is for one aircraft.  Thus, I under utilizing my destination airports since 1 gate give me 10 slots and I'm only using 1 or 2 slot per airport.  What do I have to do to create a multi-route.  Thank you in advance for you help

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:07 pm
From what I believe you are describing, it is currently possible to create them, you just need to have a base at every airport you wish to fly from. Since there are inhibitors in the creation of bases it makes it difficult to use up slots without having a large number of bases that all use the other destination gates.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:00:26 am
This is how I find it most useful gatewise:

All routes are frequency 0.5!

Downsides:
1. Very hard to find suitable destinations to obtain full usage of both aircrafts. Impossible by my judgement.
2. Routes of frequency of 0.5 bring less income. I tend to keep frequency of 1 on all routes.

Using only 1 or 2 slots on destination airports is not that bad as it seems. Way more important is using up your hub slots as much as you can. It is way more profitable to use A to B to A, A to C to A, A to D to A. You are paying 50.000 - 350.000 (monthly) for gates and having 2 routes of frequency 1, to them can bring you 30.000 to 200.000 every hour (game day) (depending on the aircraft and era) so you cover the costs easily.

overworked

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:10:57 am
Thanks for the responses.  The Diagram is quite useful. 

ATE24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 01:34:47 pm
This is how I find it most useful gatewise:

All routes are frequency 0.5!

Downsides:
1. Very hard to find suitable destinations to obtain full usage of both aircrafts. Impossible by my judgement.
2. Routes of frequency of 0.5 bring less income. I tend to keep frequency of 1 on all routes.

Using only 1 or 2 slots on destination airports is not that bad as it seems. Way more important is using up your hub slots as much as you can. It is way more profitable to use A to B to A, A to C to A, A to D to A. You are paying 50.000 - 350.000 (monthly) for gates and having 2 routes of frequency 1, to them can bring you 30.000 to 200.000 every hour (game day) (depending on the aircraft and era) so you cover the costs easily.
I would say such kind of routing complicates the matter a lot.
As the time grows and you need to separate the routes to different hubs, you will be in a headache.
W737 - EASC - The convergence of great European airlines

BahamutZero

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 05:35:50 pm
It is a systematic way to make use of the gate.
Yet like ATE24 mentioned, it will be very messy when you got tons of hub and route all over the place.

Btw, if is really like from one place to the other, you will need sometime or financial in the game to create such scale of "multi-route".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk