Airline Mogul Forum

0.5 freq problem W645

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
on: July 03, 2009, 11:42:02 am
World: 645
Airline ID: 17928
Problematic aircraft in this case: 25455

Ok, so i leased an aircraft (Boeing 757-300) which has a range of 3,485 nm/mi.

I created the following routes:
- freq 1: King Khaled International (RUH) - Indira Gandhi International (DEL) = 1889 nm / 5.23 Hours = 10.46 hours
- freq 0.5: King Khaled International (RUH) - Houari Boumedienne Airport (ALG) = 2682 nm / 6.95 Hours

Total time left: 24-10.46-6.95 = 6.59

The aircraft is showing 7 hours left, so that's correct.

Then i continue to create King Khaled International (RUH) - Antalya (AYT) = 1,251nm. In the research route page this route takes 7.68 hours, so dividing it by 2 (for 0.5 frequency) would be 3.84.

Why does this aircraft not show up when i want to create the 0.5 route RUH-AYT?

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:32:41 am
This has been happening to me quite a lot, but as yet no resolution has been found.  It seems that when aircraft are already flying a 0.5, the game is only willing to offer you planes that have sufficient hours for a 1-frequency and exclude those that, by the normal rules, should still be available.

However, you can get around it by closing the Delhi route, opening the 0.5 Antalya sector and then re-opening the DEL sector.  The best bet is to open your 0.5 frequencies, and then fill up the schedule with as many 1 frequencies as needed.
ID: 8330

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:56:57 am
Maybe turn time is causing this problem.... Try calculating the amount of hours left with turn time subtracted...

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:25:01 am
I agree with JapanAir. You can also try to use the following formula to calculate Distance an Aircraft can do with flight time left:

Time left * ((Speed + Turn time) / 2 * Frequency)

It will be a guideline for you to follow as it takes all factors such as turn time, speed & freq in consideration. Once you have your distance, it will be easier to work out your freq.

Thought this might help you in future...  :)

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 01:25:18 pm
Acctualy GoldDragonFly, I was wrong when posting to your thread. Thanks to dktc the correct formula for calculating Distance an aircraft can fly with the time remaining is:

(Time left - (Frequency / 0.5) * Turn time) * Speed / (Frequency / 0.5)

I've made an Excel 97 file that calculates both time left and distance left:

http://dljpetrovic.users.sbb.co.yu/airline.zip

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 03:32:16 pm
Oh....thanks DP! I just used it to create routes from my Tokyo Haneda base and it worked very well! Thank you! Can definitely recommend this formula.

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 06:57:00 pm
Maybe turn time is causing this problem.... Try calculating the amount of hours left with turn time subtracted...

No, this isn't the problem as you can see in my original post. I used the research route page; which includes the turn time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk