Airline Mogul Forum

READ FIRST: Want advice or help?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
on: June 18, 2009, 06:40:19 pm
In order for the AM community to help you out, please copy/paste/edit the information below to the beginning of your post...

-----------------------------------

Forum code: (See below)
World Info URL: (See below)
Airline ID: (Optional if using the forum code link)
World ID: (Optional if using the World Info URL)
Current world year: (Optional if using the World Info URL)
Current bases: (Optional if using the forum code link)
DOC:

Goals: Do you want to aim for a top ranking? Do you just want to have fun (perhaps mimicking a real-life airline)? Do you just want to learn how to play the game so that you don't make as many mistakes the next time?
-----------------------------------

Forum code can be found on your View Airline page.

(Credit to matias1993)

World Info URL is the link to your world's in-game forum. It is formatted like this:
Code: [Select]
http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=XXXX

XXXX = World #

Your extra 90 seconds of effort in getting us the information above will allow the rest of the community to provide better advice!

Simply asking questions like "what plane is best?" or "how can I make more money?" without knowing the above will provide misguided or wrong answers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:24:20 pm by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

ba4

Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:49:15 pm
Good and Helpful

naren_indya

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 07:20:24 am
Forum code: Airline Mogul - See my airline
World Info URL: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=1737
DOC:
Goals: Want to be in top ranking. need help in increasing money and to avoid mistakes by learning how to play. pls help me

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:20:07 pm
World Info URL: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=1737
DOC:
Goals: Want to be in top ranking. need help in increasing money and to avoid mistakes by learning how to play. pls help me
First things first, you should try flying to airports near your home base. You should be able to fit a few routes on there, but I am not ensuring a large profit as it depends on your prices and your places
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Agent Orange

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:55 am
What should i do next ?

Airline Mogul - See my airline

I am flying into almost every airport in japan from both major airports. Current DOC of about 12.3 million. It is 1964, what should I do to further improve. What aircraft should i use to expand, and should i improve my hongkong base, or open another. Currently my hongkong is only 1 base because i never really tried to find a bunch of flights from it. But right now I am using all my aircraft to the max, and don't know what aircraft would be best from hongkong.

UltrAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:15 am
What does DOC stand for?

Thanks tons.

John in SAT

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:25 am
What does DOC stand for?

Thanks tons.

John in SAT

http://www.airlinemogul.com/manual/index.php/Main_Page

You will find the answer here. Sometimes, you have to do a little bit of digging ;)
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 01:31:06 pm

http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/show_airline.php?id=32962&wid=2505

http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_routes.php

I, of course, want to reach the top, but, until then, want to also reach between 25M and 150M DOC. I know that is very attainable, but I know with any of your guidance, it will be very much a reality! I have been expanding everytime I can, sometimes each hour, sometimes a few times an hour. I am doing good, imo, so I don't really want to slow down. BUT, you guys are the knowledgable people here, so I will listen to your thoughts. I can expand 2-3 cities an hour sometimes. I do know that to start getting larger seat planes/longer ranges, I will need more cash. So, I am willing to slow down to get more funding coming in.

I have been leasing planes, to not pay maintenance costs. I think I am doing ok, but I will be starting longer routes very soon, and will need to know what best range aircraft to use. I am at range 600 with regular lease plane I have been using: Il-114. Anyway, I await any help you guys can muster. Thx.

Thank you for your advice/help!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:47:50 pm by metallurgy »

haliu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 02:57:18 am
I would say you could have either of the following: ATR 72-200, BAe ATP, KFC CV5800 or Dash 8-400.

These have ~75 seats and have a range of >1500

With >1500, you could reach Mississippi, Alabama, Maine etc.

Something else you could consider is having different aircraft for each cost of airport.
i.e.
A ~70 seater for a route to 50,000 euro airports
~120 seater for 100,000 euro airports
and so on...

You could go to brokers to get discounts.

You're going to put a lot of effort towards your airline to get to 25M DOC.
I have 57M DOC and I have 202,362 daily passengers and 112 KFC CV5800, 33 Fokker 50, 20 Douglas 8-72,
16 BAe-146-100, 13 Avro RJ115 and 23 Airbus A330-200s.

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:42:42 am
Thank you SO much, Haui! That info helped out a ton!  :)

QuebecAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:30 am
World Info URL: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=2505
World ID: Public World #2505
Current world year: 6 Mar 2006
Current bases: Montreal Pierre Elliot Trudeau International
DOC: 41,244£

Goals: Do you want to aim for a top ranking? Do you just want to have fun (perhaps mimicking a real-life airline)? Do you just want to learn how to play the game so that you don't make as many mistakes the next time?

I feel terrible after a few mistakes, my bank account is in deep red (-252,000£), I'm not sure if I can have any more routes (Montreal-Cleveland + Montreal-NYC with the SAME puny ATR-42-500)... etc-etc... My goal is to grow into some airline that has some money to get into the Airbus/Boeing duopoly and have lond flights and etc.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:46:27 am by QuebecAir »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 10:57:48 am
I would suggest you to reduce the frequency of the Cleveland route to 1, leaving some hours on the ATR for another route. You should get a profit right now, just wait a few days. The first few game months will pass slowly, but soon you will have money enough to purchase new jets each month.

QuebecAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 11:11:17 pm
I would suggest you to reduce the frequency of the Cleveland route to 1, leaving some hours on the ATR for another route. You should get a profit right now, just wait a few days. The first few game months will pass slowly, but soon you will have money enough to purchase new jets each month.

What should be my first jet? I'd like to fly all the way to California, that would allow me to have flights all over Canada and the USA.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 07:22:45 am
I would suggest you to expand with props first, they are cheap and give good money. The most popular medium-jet aircraft are the A319 and B737, but there are also other good alternatives.

But fist things first, go purchase another propeller aircraft! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk