Airline Mogul Forum

Can't fly 24 hours

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 18, 2009, 12:44:19 pm
Hey,
So I've purchased a MD-87 (Amazon Jet, World 645, ID 23521) and checked times for a few routes using the Research Route function, and this is what I got:
|Departure City
|São Paulo/Guarulhos international airport
|Bogotá/El Dorado international airport
|São Paulo/Congonhas Airport
|Caracas/Simón Bolívar International Airport
|Arrival City
|Bogotá/El Dorado international airport
|São Paulo/Congonhas Airport
|Caracas/Simón Bolívar International Airport
|São Paulo/Guarulhos international airport
|Estimated Flight Length (hours:minutes:seconds)
|5:54:54
|5:54:54
|5:59:42
|5:59:06

-Looks excellent, right? Just a few seconds under 24 hours, which means the plane should be able to fly these routes.
When I tried routing the plane today I added the first 3 routes - and saw the plane has 6 hours left - great - just enough for the last route.
Unfortunately, the plane doesn't show when I try adding the last route.

Any idea why?
Thanks in advance,
Frequent Flyer

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:05:06 pm
the flight length includes any delays at airports. so if the airports are busy, they will have delays which add on a certain amount of minuites (depending on how many flights fly out of that airport)

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:22:22 pm
My calculation shows differently:

This is done in excel...here is the link where nwadeltaboy explained how to make one:

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=7762.0

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 02:28:28 pm
the flight length includes any delays at airports. so if the airports are busy, they will have delays which add on a certain amount of minuites (depending on how many flights fly out of that airport)

This is absolutely false.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 02:43:26 pm
My calculation shows differently:

This is done in excel...here is the link where nwadeltaboy explained how to make one:

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=7762.0

Umm.. I'm using the JT8D-217C engines version of the MD-87, which means it flies at a speed of 500kts and has a block time of 0.52.

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:10:14 pm
Then it can fly all 4 routes.....but....I just checked....you don't have a hub at Caracas/Simón Bolívar International Airport nor at Bogotá/El Dorado international airport...how you are able to create the second flight (Bogotá/El Dorado international airport - São Paulo/Congonhas Airport)?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:17:28 pm
Then it can fly all 4 routes.....but....I just checked....you don't have a hub at Caracas/Simón Bolívar International Airport nor at Bogotá/El Dorado international airport...how you are able to create the second flight (Bogotá/El Dorado international airport - São Paulo/Congonhas Airport)?

He just splitted out the flights. In reality, he's doing 1-frequency flights?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 03:23:46 pm
Just checked..

São Paulo/Guarulhos international airport   -   Bogotá/El Dorado international airport   =   0.5
São Paulo/Congonhas Airport            -   Bogotá/El Dorado international airport   =   0.5
São Paulo/Congonhas Airport            -   Caracas/Simón Bolívar International Airport   =   0 (No route)
São Paulo/Guarulhos international airport   -   Caracas/Simón Bolívar International Airport   =   1
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:25:53 pm by DarkPet »

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 03:25:41 pm

Well, it is just quite logical - I fly a 1 way flight from Guarulhos to El Dorado and then another 1 way flight from El dorado to Congonhas -
which means the airplane hasn't teleported.
It's like this:
A---> B
B---> C
C---> D
D---> A
(A and C are my hubs)

And (regarding your second post) - I currently don't fly to Caracas from Congonhas because it doesn't let me - that's why I posted this topic.

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:47 pm
Well I tried to find a reason why it doesn't let you fly the last route but I can't. I declare it a bug  :roll:

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 03:34:25 pm

it isnt. Ask stephen about it. I remember a long time ago I tried to fly from tehran to SMX and I had the exact amount of time remaining on the aircraft but it wouldnt let me fly the route. I asked stephen about it and he said its cause there are delays on the ground at the airport. This was when I had about 100 aircraft flying from tehran on many routes right across the world.

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 04:02:57 pm

it isnt. Ask stephen about it. I remember a long time ago I tried to fly from tehran to SMX and I had the exact amount of time remaining on the aircraft but it wouldnt let me fly the route. I asked stephen about it and he said its cause there are delays on the ground at the airport. This was when I had about 100 aircraft flying from tehran on many routes right across the world.

:-X
Can you confirm this is the problem, stephen?  :-[

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:56 pm
it isnt. Ask stephen about it.

Its actually false, even I didn't know.  :lol:  I must have planned it originally and thought I implemented it.  :-[
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 06:18:23 pm
it isnt. Ask stephen about it.

Its actually false, even I didn't know.  :lol:  I must have planned it originally and thought I implemented it.  :-[
:-\

why do my arguments always die

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 06:24:40 pm
On the 24 hour bug, Will sent me a few updates which I will add tonight to try to prevent the problem in the future.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk