Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft age

dimitris340

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 17, 2009, 07:27:53 pm
Hey all,

I am new to the game and i was wondering what effect does the age of aircraft have in Airline Mogul?
When should i consider replacing them?

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 07:36:00 pm
It varies, but generally replace by the time it turns 3 Years Old. Once aircraft hit that age, their maintenance costs shoot way up. Its also good to have replacement aircraft on hand when you do this.

dimitris340

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:46:42 pm
I joined a world recently, a world that started quite a few years before and i started with a F27-600 Friendship which is 18 years old, even though i play a week! Not very fair :P
Still, i purchased a used 4 years old ATR 72-200 (couldn't afford new) because i needed it to put more routes and now i can purchase a new one in less than 2 actual days. It increased my profits dramatically.
When i am done with my F27, what can i do with it at this age??
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:49:08 pm by dimitris340 »

wavif

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:23:07 pm
When you join a game the aircraft you receive is totally new

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 08:27:31 pm
When you join a game the aircraft you receive is totally new

Not true...in certain Private Worlds you can begin with old planes. I joined W452 yesterday and I started with two Farman F.60 Goliath that were 9 years old.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 04:01:50 am
The starter aircraft is in the same condition at the start of the world for everyone, and so if you join late, your aircraft would be assumed to have the same condition at game start (ie. an old plane).
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

dimitris340

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:57:12 am
Thanks for the info,
can i do sth with it after i replace it?? Will anyone buy or lease such an old plane?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:29:06 am
I don't really understand your first question...
As long as you own the aircraft, you could do whatever you want with it, provided that you follow the game rules. You cannot lease out or sell the aircraft, if that is the only one you have.

As for the second question, it depends on the world, and the aircraft market in the world. In private worlds, it would be quite hard to sell the plane off because of the limited number of players. As for leasing it out, you still have to pay the the maintenance for a leased out plane since we are using a damp lease system.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk