Airline Mogul Forum

How often new public worlds being added?

Fabregas

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 14, 2009, 06:53:08 pm
How often they being added and when next would be added? :)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 07:03:34 pm
A new world is created as soon as the previously created one reaches 80% in capacity

citogaston

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:24:09 am
Also wondering:
1) Can players expect new public worlds to be added as the end of a current world nears? I'm in 506, and there's still about 5 weeks left. I would guess there will be some newer worlds created, as several do end in July. It would be fun (and probably more manageable) to join a world as one nearing its end and the other is in its infancy.

2) Are announcements made as far as new public worlds opening soon?

3) How is it determined what sort of public world will be created? (Which continents in play, which era)

I know none of this has anything to do with the world I'm in now, but I'm just thinking about a month down the road.

Thanks...

We doctor all the details to suit you.
Sit back and enjoy your flight on TARDIS Travelways.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:42:03 am
Also wondering:
1) Can players expect new public worlds to be added as the end of a current world nears? I'm in 506, and there's still about 5 weeks left. I would guess there will be some newer worlds created, as several do end in July. It would be fun (and probably more manageable) to join a world as one nearing its end and the other is in its infancy.
Not necessarily, however there will not be a case where there are no worlds available to join.

2) Are announcements made as far as new public worlds opening soon?
No. The system is completely automated and is partly based on users joining worlds.

3) How is it determined what sort of public world will be created? (Which continents in play, which era)
Factors are randomly chosen, with results weighted towards Full Worlds for example.

I know none of this has anything to do with the world I'm in now, but I'm just thinking about a month down the road.
The system is designed as "Hands off", meaning it will run itself. We have no idea when the next world will generate or what it will be, the timing of the next world is based on how fast people join the current ones.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

citogaston

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 02:38:21 am
Thanks for the reply. And, I'm happy to read that randomly created public worlds tend to favor using the full world.

I noticed when the Japan world opened, there were fewer available openings. Is it usually the case that more limited worlds have fewer player spots, whereas the full world has more?

Sort of on the same topic: Do players ever actually quit or get kicked out of worlds? I've noticed that in the current public world I am in (506), there are currently about 380 airlines. About a month ago, when I first joined, there were around 700. I take it "dead" airlines are not cleared out and new spots made in existing worlds; it must just be easier to make a new one and not have to join a world that is older?

We doctor all the details to suit you.
Sit back and enjoy your flight on TARDIS Travelways.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 03:12:50 am
I noticed when the Japan world opened, there were fewer available openings. Is it usually the case that more limited worlds have fewer player spots, whereas the full world has more?
There is some logic in the script to allow for a "balanced" world. Japan can sustain a much lower number of players than a larger "Map".

Sort of on the same topic: Do players ever actually quit or get kicked out of worlds? I've noticed that in the current public world I am in (506), there are currently about 380 airlines. About a month ago, when I first joined, there were around 700. I take it "dead" airlines are not cleared out and new spots made in existing worlds; it must just be easier to make a new one and not have to join a world that is older?
Airlines are reset after about 20 days (Its supposed to be 3 weeks, but I've been informed its a day shy of this). We do not delete them from worlds as new worlds would not generate then until old worlds have reached the end of their life, rather than when they fill. (i.e. Less new worlds)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

jetblue57

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 06:36:21 am
There no worlds now  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk