Airline Mogul Forum

Leased aircraft

thijsseh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 06, 2009, 12:43:38 pm
To start with, I am sorry if this info is available elsewhere and I am wasting your time. I am new at the game.
How do I know when a lease on a plane expires and what happens when it does? Do the routes simply disappear? I would like to be able to plan for that occasion (by buying a new aircraft, I guess). Is leasing a good idea anyway? I wanted a second plane (I am in the beginning of the game) and did not have the cash to buy one so I leased.
Thanks for your help!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:48:59 pm
You will receive an automatic PM sent in the name of the aircraft owner warning you that your lease will expire soon.

When the lease expires, the routes are automatically closed, and the aircraft returned to the owner. You will get another PM stating that the aircraft has been returned.

Leasing could be good if you get a good lease.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

thijsseh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:53:10 pm
You will receive an automatic PM sent in the name of the aircraft owner warning you that your lease will expire soon.

When the lease expires, the routes are automatically closed, and the aircraft returned to the owner. You will get another PM stating that the aircraft has been returned.

Leasing could be good if you get a good lease.

Thanks very much, that's helpful  :). What is 'soon'? I have another life outside this game (alhough it is quite addictive!), so I tend to log in once a day (or even less). So I wonder if that PM warning will be enough...

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 01:57:56 pm
1 game month (ie. 1 real day) prior to expiry.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk