Airline Mogul Forum

What did I do wrong?

HOUSE_D

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 02, 2009, 12:32:36 pm
OK I know maybe I shouldn't have picked a smaller airport to start my Business but I picked it because it is near my hometown.  I started 3 routes to other nearby airports.  Had 200k left in my bank balance last night.  This morning I am in the red 200k.  I also gfot a message about an unsused gate that will go back if I don't use it.  How do I utilize the second gate and what did I do wrong with the routes?  should I have started more routes?

HOUSE_D

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:55 pm
update on this.  i changed my frequencies to 1 on my routes and that greatly reduced my debt as well as changed my service prices.

i just now realized that i only have one plane doing all the flights.

sorry I'm being a noob.  just looking for some advice on where to go from here.

Pikapp

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:57:21 pm
Haha, you aren't doing anything wrong. What happens is each gate can hold ten flights a day. So you can have ten flights and only use the one gate, since the game doesn't do time slots. What happened last night was a new month started. At the beginning/end of each month all of the monthly costs are charged to you. Each of the gates you rented, which are probably 50k each? Anyway each of these gates are added up and billed to you; along with a few other costs. Anyway, one more suggestion is to have only one frequency per destination. You'll make more money by having more destinations. Say you have one route with one freq. and you're making 30k adding another freq makes you an additional 5k, you'll make more money by just opening up another city. I hope this helps.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:50:03 pm
Haha, you aren't doing anything wrong. What happens is each gate can hold ten flights a day. So you can have ten flights and only use the one gate, since the game doesn't do time slots. What happened last night was a new month started. At the beginning/end of each month all of the monthly costs are charged to you. Each of the gates you rented, which are probably 50k each? Anyway each of these gates are added up and billed to you; along with a few other costs. Anyway, one more suggestion is to have only one frequency per destination. You'll make more money by having more destinations. Say you have one route with one freq. and you're making 30k adding another freq makes you an additional 5k, you'll make more money by just opening up another city. I hope this helps.
you dont always make money by opening another city. best way to make money is to fly with a frequency of 1 to all the airports very close by to your base then growing out.

HOUSE_D

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:12:00 am

Thanks for the help guys.  Yeah I read another thread about frequency and fixed that and it made a world of difference.  I also fixed my prices on my drinks and stuff.  When I got home just now my account was 500k in the black.  I gave my 2nd gate back to my base airport until I fill all my routes on the first one.  Then I'll add it back.

Pikapp

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:42:27 pm
That is basically what I meant, but I don't always make the most since when I write, talk, read, lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk