Airline Mogul Forum

aircrafts- concorde?

abc_32123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 18, 2009, 10:42:14 am
just a curious thought... i was wondering if concorde is very profitable? as in using a concorde allows you to charge more than other airlines on that route due to high status- is that taken into a/c? n wonderin if after 2003 oct, do they stop flying even though you own one, like in real life?

since if i had enough funds, i would love to have a concord in the game, its sounds realli cool  ;):lol:, but is it worth?

n could someone explain me what does "fluctuating airports" and what are passenger n commercial aircrafts??
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:46:50 am by abc_32123 »

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:44 am
as long as there is no one else on that route, you can make a very small profit with concorde.

fluctuating airports is hopefully a new feature in the future which makes the airports passengers go up and down as time progresses.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:06:39 am
there are business aircrafts in our database. All passenger aircrafts = commercial + business.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

abc_32123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 11:35:17 am
so there isnt any advantage for a concorde? like in real world, british airways could charge lot to go quickly to US

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:29 am
yes, but AM isnt entirely like the real world. You can just about make a profit (just like BA; they charged a high price, but didnt get a big enough profit mainly due to the cost of fuel)

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:48:28 am
An interesting point for Concorde: The only plane that can have a round-world trip.

Say:
ORD -> SEA -> HND -> Moscow/Dubai -> LHR -> ORD

*Note: Im not sure if the Tu-144S can do this too

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 11:52:35 am
I used the Concorde some time ago, and I think I could actually make a some profit with it. It has a relatively low number of passengers (maximising the fare) and can do a few flights. But I was renting them at quite a low cost, so avoiding the high purchase and maintenance costs.

abc_32123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:57:09 am
yes, but AM isnt entirely like the real world. You can just about make a profit (just like BA; they charged a high price, but didnt get a big enough profit mainly due to the cost of fuel)

oh yeah, i didnt realise about the increase fuel cost  ???

An interesting point for Concorde: The only plane that can have a round-world trip.

Say:
ORD -> SEA -> HND -> Moscow/Dubai -> LHR -> ORD

*Note: Im not sure if the Tu-144S can do this too

well thats sounds like one more reason to get a concorde  ;) :P

I used the Concorde some time ago, and I think I could actually make a some profit with it. It has a relatively low number of passengers (maximising the fare) and can do a few flights. But I was renting them at quite a low cost, so avoiding the high purchase and maintenance costs.

well thats a good idea, hope can get a great leasing deal on it, but i think that would wholly depend on luck  :-X

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 12:45:50 pm
and if you choose to fly it, your better off going from high pax airports to high pax airports

edit: 2400th post :D

NorthSky Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 06:11:52 pm
It wasn't abolished in 2003

It was grounded in 2001 after the accident.
After that, the investigators recommended some improvments, and that made the aircraft heavier (and less fuel effect)

The airlines (AF and BA) did not find it proffitable enough to use them, so they went out of service

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:09:32 am
Didn't Airbus refuse to to support the aircraft, resulting in them being unable to safely fly anymore.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 09:32:24 am
every reply has different reasons. Lets just say it was due to a number of factors, but mainly to do with cost

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk