Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft Distance? not enough?

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 01:43:35 pm
Quote from: "d1-3508"
There would have to be a restriction on them, so airlines don't make there Dash-8's fly Tokyo-Los Angeles via 50 island airports

The maxium would most likely be 2.

Reason being, in real life, there was a pair of Varig flights (9936/9937?) that used to fly: Tokyo Narita-Los Angeles-Rio-Sao Paulo.

sounds good, Although it I wouldn't recomended flying that at present day, as those where the days when many multiple stopovers where normal, and you still got to your destination "fast", those where the glory days for the DC-10 and Tristars   :lol: , But yes yoru correct, we should be able to mimic a similar route to your Varig example. If i where to pick, mayby like you said 2-3x Connection Cities, although the price doubles each city connection you create, and like gates, the base cost depends on the airport's size etc..

Well, A lot of nice suggestions have come from this post. I hope to see some of them used in future/or now  :twisted: versions of AM.

Air Elbonia, very very nice points there. Im hope all that will be taken into account! The aircraft defying the laws of Physic's is annoying, 1x single plane can be used and abused to easily, 1x Dash 8 cannot just appear in some random city that you created as a focus city, although im certain this issue is being worked on  :) (or in progress)

thanks for all the suggestions and feedback, this sure has become an intresting post :) looks like were all adressing our problems with the routing structure!
cheers,

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 03:10:48 am
Oh and also I forgot:
QF1 & 2 (MEL-SYD-SIN-LHR)
QF9 & 10 (SYD-MEL-SIN-LHR)
QF107 & 108 (SYD-AKL-LAX-JFK)

There are others that I have not mentioned though.

Also, I will add http://stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=363 to the list.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 05:04:43 am
Quote from: "SCA CEO"

I say put 744's on two day rotations because in real life it does take some flights to go 25 hours (that's one way too).

How about all long haul aircraft:  747s, 767-200 and 300ERs, A330 and A340 aircraft, as well as the T7 as soon as it's available.
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 07:15:00 am
I bloody hope so, Right now 744's and A340's are only good for airline value, not airline DOP.  :? And frankly i don't care about value, but how much im earning.

One of my 737's litterally Earn 2x As much as one of my 744's.  :x

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 12:53:30 pm
I know the feeling, it seems as if MD-90's and 737's are a lot better than the long hauls.

System needs to be changed. I have to buy a 744 just to go 6000 nm. :/
tar Cross Airlines ID:235 Fleet consists of 116 aircraft.

One of the few official brokers on AM!

C.Durgut

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 03:56:27 pm
ANd in real life tie on the ground is predicted by how many workers service the aircraft, obviously a CRJ can have a lower turnaround time because of its size. But the 747's and A340's can be turned around in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Because these larger aircraft have more doors we could have two jet-bridges at the gates to board and deplane pax, as well as two fuel trucks instead of one. This should be implemented in the purchase gates section. For an extra cost to the airline. Double the ground handling, Regular gates and premium gates.
------------------------------------------
BANDANA INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES
  -------------------------------------------

phat01

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • NQY Airport Pic's
Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 04:09:52 pm
i cant even get my airbus's to dallas from moscow even though its well within the range of the A340-200 but i can do the same route with a B767-200ER why is this?

i agree the long haul planes should be a bit more profitable the most i have got out of mine is 303k and that is an A330-300LR.

thats my 2 pence worth

phil
There is NO such thing as failure just past attempts ay success!!

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 04:35:24 pm
Quote from: "phat01"
i cant even get my airbus's to dallas from moscow even though its well within the range of the A340-200 but i can do the same route with a B767-200ER why is this?

The B767 is probably faster and/or has a shorter turnaround time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk