Questions

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 07:21:36 pm
Quote from: "IceTrojan"
Just piggybacking onto this thread.

The finance panel marks the fuel costs as "(daily)" and the wiki says the costs are chraged at the end of the month (along with the rent costs).  When are fuel costs taken out?

(And... are costs applied on the 24th of the month or the 1st?  (Unfortunately, the new game month starts at 5am for me, so I wasn't up to experience my first bill.)

finance accurately displays whether a cost is daily or monthly, and it's due on the 1st as i recall.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

okircali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 08:33:30 pm
Sorry, I didn't get what you meant in your msg Air Elbonia. Did you mean it is a mistake in the game?

Another question, I have 0 hours left for my aircraft. Does it mean that it can't be maintenanced? Should I free 1 hour in its schedule?

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 08:38:54 pm
Quote from: "okircali"
Sorry, I didn't get what you meant in your msg Air Elbonia. Did you mean it is a mistake in the game?

Another question, I have 0 hours left for my aircraft. Does it mean that it can't be maintenanced? Should I free 1 hour in its schedule?

about the hours thing i dont think it will matter how many hours  r left since if its not maint. it wont crash or anything
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 08:51:05 pm
Quote from: "okircali"

at the moment 0 hrs left is 100% safe with no ill effects, we're planning on ill-effects at some point when we revise the maintenance system, i believe Stephen's pushing to do that one.  

I meant, the finance page is correct.  if it says Daily, it's daily, if it says monthly it's monthly. if the wiki says otherwise about fuel, the wiki needs updated.

okircali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 10:26:59 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Fuel prices now fluctuate monthly, and are mildly loosened from the yearly averages we've got in the database.  they can swing +-5% (plus some variance for the present year and surrounding years as an anchor).  Yearly changes were too unnoticable, and there's no reliable source out there that i know of to show the crude oil or jet fuel prices on a monthly or daily basis from 1900 on.

unfortunately a typo plagued the initial update, however i'm not gonna flip the prices back up unreasonably.  

Pondering making the fuel prices update more frequently, however, not going to be implemented yet.

actually, I meant this msg which I didn't get. Previously, I had asked about the big difference in daily fuel expense.

Is that Will who can answer my question around here?  :)
2-Can someone explain me those in View Routes section?

Flight Leg Costs
Trip Cost €4,158.00
Hourly Cost €440.47
Aircraft-Mile Cost €172.62
Seat-mile Cost €1.11
Revenue-mile Cost €1.11

Iguana

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 05:16:38 am
another question:
I saved my tokens for games occuring later,
but when will new ones be generated?
There are still games listed which are full.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 05:17:48 am
+/- 5%? My fuel price this month are a third of what it was last month. But then I'm in 1981, so maybe the OPEC oil embargo ended. Yay :D

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 05:26:39 am
Quote from: "yourefired"
+/- 5%? My fuel price this month are a third of what it was last month. But then I'm in 1981, so maybe the OPEC oil embargo ended. Yay :D

There was a bug, which has been corrected for future months (but has not forced a recalculation of existing months). abnormal fuel price suppression resulted in it because of a typo -_-.  It should climb back up to a more "normal" price again as time moves on.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 06:02:17 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Quote from: "yourefired"

There was a bug, which has been corrected for future months (but has not forced a recalculation of existing months). abnormal fuel price suppression resulted in it because of a typo -_-.  It should climb back up to a more "normal" price again as time moves on.

I see.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk