Airline Mogul Forum

Crowded airports in major cities, how to deal with?

bryandaja

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 04:14:38 pm
Quote from: "pTr"
I didn't say... become successful... I said.. become one of the largest.... largest and successful.... they're not the same thing. United is large, but would you consider it very successful financially?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryanair
3rd largest in Europe and profitable. No major airports. Just an example (I think flying Ryanair is one of the worst experiences personally).

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 04:29:43 pm
Quote from: "bryandaja"
I didn't say... become successful... I said.. become one of the largest.... largest and successful.... they're not the same thing. United is large, but would you consider it very successful financially?

3rd largest in Europe and profitable. No major airports. Just an example (I think flying Ryanair is one of the worst experiences personally).

I never used to fly with Ryanair but heard the same as you experienced. But in fact you cannot be that big if people wont fly with you.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 05:02:09 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "bryandaja"

I never used to fly with Ryanair but heard the same as you experienced. But in fact you cannot be that big if people wont fly with you.

They WILL fly with you if you're cheap enough, even if you fly them on the route Cologne-London Stansted instead of Frankfurt-LHR. The only business you won't be able to take is the one with the connections for international flights.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 05:06:18 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
They WILL fly with you if you're cheap enough,... The only business you won't be able to take is the one with the connections for international flights.

...and the executives on business trips with their companies paying for them, and those people who like to enjoy their trips and don't mind paying more money.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk