Airline Mogul Forum

New month?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 05:38:00 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Also, if I do remember correctly, I don't think that Indiana does not do daylights savings, so one day, they could be on Chicago Time, then the next resetting they'll be on NYC time. Thats if I remember well, unless something changed recently.

Indiana started day-light saving last year or the year before... can't remember which~

But yea, before that, one of my friends used to operate on Chicago time and drived his rommate crazy. :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 06:02:24 pm
Quote from: Blue Sky Mine

You know that all of continental middle/western Europe and scandinavia only have one time zone?

Not entirerly true Scandinavia is GMT+1 and Finland is GMT+2 ;)

But one thing that really is odd is that China only have one zone which counts from Beijing. So when a worker goes up to work at 6AM in Beijing, another worker in Kashi in the Xinjiang province goes up at midnight, even though the clock shows 6AM :shock:
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 07:38:39 pm
Quote from: Scandalian Airlines
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

You know that all of continental middle/western Europe and scandinavia only have one time zone?

Not entirerly true Scandinavia is GMT+1 and Finland is GMT+2 ;)

Wasn't counting Finland in for Scandinavia...

But one thing that really is odd is that China only have one zone which counts from Beijing. So when a worker goes up to work at 6AM in Beijing, another worker in Kashi in the Xinjiang province goes up at midnight, even though the clock shows 6AM

Communism+ time zones= a strange mix :shock:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 09:26:54 pm
Quote from: "Seattle"
Quote from: "CornField"
Quote from: "seafly4fun"
I've been busy running around Chicago the last couple days but this is what happened. As I stated I live in Seattle and the month resets itself shortly after 1am pacific standard time. Half of last week and up till today  :cry: I am in ORD and for me the game reset shortly after 3am. WOW this time zone thing can be really confusing sometimes.

3 am in Chicago, is 1 am in Seattle.....

I might end up being your neighbor.  My interview went VERY well.  I have to go back in a few weeks for a follow-up....

Congrats. What are you applying for? (not to be nosy)

Its in the cargo division of an airline with its hub in Seattle.  It also has my absolute favorite paint scheme for an aircraft on one of its 734's.....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 09:33:24 pm
And lets make things more confusing, places, like Florida and Tennessee are split in half with the time zones. Also, if I do remember correctly, I don't think that Indiana does not do daylights savings, so one day, they could be on Chicago Time, then the next resetting they'll be on NYC time. Thats if I remember well, unless something changed recently.

Actually it was only a few points in Indiana that didn't observe DST.  But even now those towns are.

But Arizona still doesn't....

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 01:31:48 am
I've been busy running around Chicago the last couple days but this is what happened. As I stated I live in Seattle and the month resets itself shortly after 1am pacific standard time. Half of last week and up till today  :cry: I am in ORD and for me the game reset shortly after 3am. WOW this time zone thing can be really confusing sometimes.

I might end up being your neighbor.  My interview went VERY well.  I have to go back in a few weeks for a follow-up....

Its in the cargo division of an airline with its hub in Seattle.  It also has my absolute favorite paint scheme for an aircraft on one of its 734's.....

If it's the airline I flew from SEA-ORD I say go for it! They are upgrading all their fleet and have created some new routes so they are in a good place right now.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 01:49:41 am

If it's the airline I flew from SEA-ORD I say go for it! They are upgrading all their fleet and have created some new routes so they are in a good place right now.

Its certainly the one I try and choose for ORD-SEA.  I just wish they didn't share a gate with AA...  I certainly hope I get a chance to see Salmon-37 up close and personal.....

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:12 am

Its certainly the one I try and choose for ORD-SEA.  I just wish they didn't share a gate with AA...  I certainly hope I get a chance to see Salmon-37 up close and personal.....

YEAH! I've seen the big ol' salmon37 and it's funny looking but very creative if I do say so. I too wish they had more then the 3 flights to ORD but what can they do? They are partners with AA and O'hare is at capacity I think so they have to make due with what is there. Sometimes I think that it would make more sense for them to fly to MDW but they have no partners there so if something goes wrong AS's pax are screwed. I for one do not want to fly SWA *insert throw up emotion*
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 12:10:51 pm

YEAH! I've seen the big ol' salmon37 and it's funny looking but very creative if I do say so. I too wish they had more then the 3 flights to ORD but what can they do? They are partners with AA and O'hare is at capacity I think so they have to make due with what is there. Sometimes I think that it would make more sense for them to fly to MDW but they have no partners there so if something goes wrong AS's pax are screwed. I for one do not want to fly SWA *insert throw up emotion*

Have you ever been to MDW?  Its a hole compared to ORD....    Its the perfect place for SWA and FL, ghetto airport for ghetto airlines.  I for one wouldn't use AS if they were at MDW.  I live northwest of ORD, so I would have no reason to drive past it.  If I couldn't take AS out of ORD, I would just use UA.

Edited By StephenM, to reduce number of quotes

flyingscotsman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 01:33:35 pm
I had nothing but bother with UA in the states....delays, cancellations, grief from ground staff...the list is endless.  At one point I had a 100% failure rate with that airline...

and yet I kept flying with them  :oops:
ly RMA! ID 8668
Proud Member of Kiwi Alliance
"THE African Experience"

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 02:42:29 pm

Have you ever been to MDW?  Its a hole compared to ORD....    Its the perfect place for SWA and FL, ghetto airport for ghetto airlines.  I for one wouldn't use AS if they were at MDW.  I live northwest of ORD, so I would have no reason to drive past it.  If I couldn't take AS out of ORD, I would just use UA.

Some of the area around MDW is not that much of a ghetto, at least the part that is mostly Polish, though the demographics are changing as most of the Poles there are leaving the area and there are not as many new Poles coming in as there was in the 1970s and 1980s (It is slowly becoming more Mexican), but there are some communities very close by that most simply would not feel safe driving through, which we both understand why. as for MDW traffic, over the years, it has turned into the most boring thing I've ever seen, with the exception of the occasional NWA DC-9 and AA MD-80, it appears that MDW's traffic looks like this: SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-AirTran-SWA-SWA-Airtran-SWA. I remember how fun it was years ago, when ATA was still big there, it was interesting seeing a 757 make that last turn before it landed. Sorta funny too seeing my mom freak out thinking it was going to land on Archer Ave.

Funny thing though, before ORD was a large commercial Airport, MDW was the larger airport serviced by all the majors in that region.

MusicAIR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 07:29:16 pm

When was the last time you flew in or out of Midway?
img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/778/musicair2jo0.gif[/img]
[size=18]Our fares are crazier
than Britney Spears!
[/size]

MX - ID#9068
Proud partner airline in the FT Alliance.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 11:39:01 pm

Some of the area around MDW is not that much of a ghetto, at least the part that is mostly Polish, though the demographics are changing as most of the Poles there are leaving the area and there are not as many new Poles coming in as there was in the 1970s and 1980s (It is slowly becoming more Mexican), but there are some communities very close by that most simply would not feel safe driving through, which we both understand why. as for MDW traffic, over the years, it has turned into the most boring thing I've ever seen, with the exception of the occasional NWA DC-9 and AA MD-80, it appears that MDW's traffic looks like this: SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-SWA-AirTran-SWA-SWA-Airtran-SWA. I remember how fun it was years ago, when ATA was still big there, it was interesting seeing a 757 make that last turn before it landed. Sorta funny too seeing my mom freak out thinking it was going to land on Archer Ave.

Funny thing though, before ORD was a large commercial Airport, MDW was the larger airport serviced by all the majors in that region.

MDW was closed to commerical traffic when ORD opened in 1955.
I believe even AA has now pulled out of MDW(or reduced to almost nothing).

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 12:31:44 am

MDW was closed to commerical traffic when ORD opened in 1955.
I believe even AA has now pulled out of MDW(or reduced to almost nothing).

AA pulled out of MDW? Wouldn't suprise me, it seems like MDW barely gets anything from AA anyways. But then again, I havn't lived in Chicago since like 1990, but I do visit at least every other year, so these are my observation. Anyways, I know about MDW closing for about 15 years because of ORD's opening.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 12:36:19 am
AA pulled out of MDW? Wouldn't suprise me, it seems like MDW barely gets anything from AA anyways. But then again, I havn't lived in Chicago since like 1990, but I do visit at least every other year, so these are my observation. Anyways, I know about MDW closing for about 15 years because of ORD's opening.

If they still operate out of MDW, its two dailys to DFW.  There was talk of them leaving completely to release the gate.  But I think that agreement may have gone away when the city and FAA gave B6 slots...

Edit-->  a quick check of AA.com and Kayak shows no flights from MDW for AA.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk