Airline Mogul Forum

Strange way of pricing, is this a bug?

waerth · 22 · 3892

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 09:42:46 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

hmm... it would be an interesting read, and I assure you if done, I would read it all.  i have most of multiclass seating figured out in my head, i just need to get it into the code as well as sort out how it affects [properly] the order of processing the route scripts. and frankly multiworlds is trumping that at the moment.  ~108 files down...

oh. and the present airport hub effect [what i mentioned before] is capped. however when multiworlds is complete i think we'll see some more noticeable alterations in this area.

I do appreciate the workpressure you have and all the hard work you guys (3 programmers I believe) are putting into this. I would just write it down for you to have some ideas that maybe you could use, maybe not.

I was wondering one thing though. I read somewhere that this game is made totally in php? If so that opens possibilities for my own game idea. I am currently busy developing a website with a friend and I am learning php and mysql queries in the process. It is simpler than I thought, as many seems related to the good old BASIC which I once mastered in the beginning of the 80's. So once we have done the website I might look into writing some stuff myself if this is indeed all done in php.

Waerth

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 10:03:43 am
OH MY!  :shock:  You forgot Ballint!!!  :lol:

Back on topic. How many files are left?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 10:12:45 am
Quote from: "waerth"
all the hard work you guys (3 programmers I believe)

Quote from: "Jps"
OH MY!  :shock:  You forgot Ballint!!!  :lol:

Who's the 4th?  :?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 10:15:59 am
Stephen, Will, Ballint, Rick.  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 10:27:15 am
Quote from: "waerth"
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

hmm... it would be an interesting read, and I assure you if done, I would read it all.  i have most of multiclass seating figured out in my head, i just need to get it into the code as well as sort out how it affects [properly] the order of processing the route scripts. and frankly multiworlds is trumping that at the moment.  ~108 files down...

oh. and the present airport hub effect [what i mentioned before] is capped. however when multiworlds is complete i think we'll see some more noticeable alterations in this area.

I do appreciate the workpressure you have and all the hard work you guys (3 programmers I believe) are putting into this. I would just write it down for you to have some ideas that maybe you could use, maybe not.

I was wondering one thing though. I read somewhere that this game is made totally in php? If so that opens possibilities for my own game idea. I am currently busy developing a website with a friend and I am learning php and mysql queries in the process. It is simpler than I thought, as many seems related to the good old BASIC which I once mastered in the beginning of the 80's. So once we have done the website I might look into writing some stuff myself if this is indeed all done in php.

Waerth

PHP + mysql + [recently] AJAX [basically a blend of javascript and php].  it does tend to be fairly straightforward and easy to understand.  If you want/need some help with figuring out php/mysql feel free to ask me any questions that you come up with, I'll answer what i can.  [gizgiz need not apply].

oh. files left count: not sure. definitely more than 10. i've got 10 on my immediate to-do list.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

scotty2061

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 04:00:14 am
Quote from: Air Elbonia

hmm... i'll look into this. most definitely. theoretically, the ticket variance part [your ticket prices all interact with each other a little] should wind up positive for the lowest on a route, and should insulate it from the airlines coming in above you... hmm. yes. will definitely be looking into this very shortly.

edit: attempt 1 to fix this [above mentioned] problem in place.

I'm still seeing this on some of my routes. I was the lowest price on the route. Competition came in above me an my loadfactor dropped.

Iguana

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 08:24:40 pm
Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/vhosts/airlinemogul.com/httpdocs/airlinemogul/view_route.php on line 41

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk