Airline Mogul Forum

Places of Interest & A Drinks Game!

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 06:00:53 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
What kind of beer is still Irish and can be bought outside Ireland? I thought Kilkenny but it is also produced by Diageo - as per wikipedia. Do you have any german beer over there?

I'm pretty sure Guinness is available W/W and Heineken, although i think its part Irish part Dutch...

(Oh, I am not old enough to drink, so, em, I'm not an expect of Irish alcohol...)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 06:23:23 pm
@ blue

Yes, we do and are always in the high rankings of annual consumption per person.

@ Stephen
Thats sad. Many german breweries are still under german control although they are not independent anymore but belong to big companies.

@ killian
Heineken is Dutch.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 06:54:48 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
@ blue

Yes, we do and are always in the high rankings of annual consumption per person.

@ Stephen
Thats sad. Many german breweries are still under german control although they are not independent anymore but belong to big companies.

@ killian
Heineken is Dutch.

I didn't mean you with that comment. I know that Germans drink a lot of beer (120l. per year, wasn't it?)
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 07:08:55 pm
Ah wait, i meant Harp Lager :D

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 07:15:40 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

I didn't mean you with that comment. I know that Germans drink a lot of beer (120l. per year, wasn't it?)

Yeah, should be pretty close. In my Navy times I was definetly above that value - perhaps 365l (for americans: about 100 gallons; 3 times the size of a GMC H2 fuel tank) or more :D But now its probably less than 25l (again for americans :wink: : less than 7 gallons). Did I mention somewhere I am glad I left the Navy? :roll:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

quatzalcoatl

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 09:51:28 pm
i spent 2 years in ireland (cork) and it was brill, id love to go bk. :lol:  i did do my leaving-cert there, and i have to say irish schools are just so relaxed.
you can get german beer in off-lcences (warsteiner, bavaria, altho the latter one is actually dutch). ireland is actually no one in beer consumptin worlwide (source: national geographic) followed by czech and the germs on number 3. according to ng the irish drink 127l/year/person, which is rather a lot, as many people dont drink at all, come to think of it. but anyway, ireland is still the best country in the world, and im going back there at easter. :D
wesome Airlines - We get you there, probably...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk