Vaff · 25 · 4118

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 04:32:41 pm
Quote from: "bibi974"
smart

I assume that when you build a terminal other players can have those newly built gates then. do you(the one who built the terminal) get their gate renting fee?

When you build a terminal, only you can use those gates.  HOWEVER

for every 10 gates you build, 1 rented gate is returned automatically (if you have a rented gate. if not. nothing happens).
also:
routes are assumed to fly out of the terminal gates first, so if you have a combination of built and rented gates, you may be setting up rented gates for automatic return if you cannot fill the slots.

renting gates out is a sticky issue and likely won't make it in game, simply due to logistical and gameplay reasons.  Even though it happens in real life.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 04:37:13 pm
ok thanks for the explanation
so there's not really a point in building a new terminal, except the fact that the renting costs are lower and if one needs more gates then it's great.
stange though to have to rent a gate in a terminal that YOU built but don't know scratch about how it works in real life anyway
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 06:12:12 pm
ok thanks for the explanation
so there's not really a point in building a new terminal, except the fact that the renting costs are lower and if one needs more gates then it's great.
stange though to have to rent a gate in a terminal that YOU built but don't know scratch about how it works in real life anyway

if you build a terminal, you have to pay the terminal maintenance (staffing, cleaning, general repairs, etc.) which are for simplicity's sake considered gate fees, and evaluated at 75% of the normal gate rental fee.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 06:44:53 pm
understood

another tricky one^^: where are the remaining 25% going( I mean those of the other players paying full fare and using my terminal for instance. Shouldn't they go to the builder's pocket(i.e me)?)

sorry for asking

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 06:53:04 pm
understood

another tricky one^^: where are the remaining 25% going( I mean those of the other players paying full fare and using my terminal for instance. Shouldn't they go to the builder's pocket(i.e me)?)

sorry for asking

If you RENT a gate you pay 100% fee.
If you have BUILT a gate you pay just 75% fee.
Nobody can use your BUILT gates. When you built gates they are yours. If you lose rented gates while building a terminal they will be available on the market for others. But as far as I know you will not lose unused BUILT gates.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 06:56:13 pm
now that's interesting. i hadn't understood it this way. I thought anyone could use my gates once my new terminal is built.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 03:29:45 am
^ If it was that way.. why would you build a terminal..  :roll:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 02:07:46 pm
well the need for more gates to expand operations could be greater than a few more competitors
now that I think about it it would be at my disadvantage most of the time though

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 11:58:47 pm
I also thought that, I will build a terminal on gran canaria with a huge sign stating "my planes can park here, yours can´t, get out of my island"

now that I think about it, it will be too big for a sign... but my terminal will be so big that it would fit

anyway, I believe in taking some time to master a game, I don´t have a problem with occupied gates, not now when we have terminals
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 03:36:30 am
Quote from: "dktc"
It is not impossible to get gates from busy airports. You just have to be patient and be lucky :wink:

I know what he is talking about.  i was browsing airports in europe and came across lhr and there was a gate left :shock: i rented the gate right away. 8) Like he says, just be patient and get lucky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk