Aircraft introduced in 1951 and 1952

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 10:04:42 am
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "Pilgrim"
Hey wait a minute... the 707 in 1954??? thats waaaay wrong? Should be end of 1957??? Only the prototype 367-80 was flying in 1954, and it was never designed or possible to use in passenger service?

And BTW, 707-020 is a 720.

Otherwise what good is the DC-7?

To Air Elbonia, change it if you will. I don't care and I don't have time to care right now :cry:
btw, I know the 707-020 is later redesignated as 720... which I don't think we have on the list. (I could be wrong though).

No, plz don't change! We need it!

------

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 02:47:01 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
well i guess no one care about fixing this...
 :cry:

Talk to Stephen or our new Aircraft Data Officer about it (if you could get hold of him).
I don't have the ower to change it.

Who's the new Aircraft Data Officer then?

And how does one contact them???

And my reasons for not having the 707 out in 1954 are 2 fold:

1> It will just result in every single route switching to 707s, a massive (and i mean MASSIVE as in THOUSANDS) glut of propliners on the market and 5 years of complete boredom afterwards.
2> The 707 didn't come out until 1957... so why should the game have it out 3 years early???

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 02:55:36 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
well i guess no one care about fixing this...
 :cry:

Talk to Stephen or our new Aircraft Data Officer about it (if you could get hold of him).
I don't have the ower to change it.

Who's the new Aircraft Data Officer then?

And how does one contact them???

And my reasons for not having the 707 out in 1954 are 2 fold:

1> It will just result in every single route switching to 707s, a massive (and i mean MASSIVE as in THOUSANDS) glut of propliners on the market and 5 years of complete boredom afterwards.
2> The 707 didn't come out until 1957... so why should the game have it out 3 years early???

Code: [Select]
staff@airlinemogul.com

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 03:40:12 pm
not what i really meant... but thanks anyways  :P

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 12:55:51 am
How much is a B707-020?

------

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 01:53:27 am
Just an update: Will and I are trying to fix this... but we are no expert~~
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 02:17:52 am
Ooo, it would cause a lot of time that many airlines, including mine have been buying nothing to save up for that year.

Oh well, a chance to buy a lot of Connies and Constitutions and possibly sell them to my US based alliance members for cheaper as well as continuing the expansion of my network..  :wink:

~EDIT~
Never mind, looks like the whole 707 line seems to have had their release dates redone (btw. the first 707 flight was in 1958, but the list states it as 1959. Not sure which variant, but I think that might need some fixing too). :(

Otherwise what good is the DC-7?

I just looked up the stats of hte DC-7, looks like a Connie would still do better than a DC-7. So my conclusion, not very good with or without.

Just my two cents.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 03:35:20 am
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

I just looked up the stats of hte DC-7, looks like a Connie would still do better than a DC-7. So my conclusion, not very good with or without.

I think the DC-7C may surpass the Connie in performance and range.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 03:46:10 am
Well, what A.net has been showing, looks like it's considerably less than what the Connie can do in terms of range.
http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=191

5810km=3610.166627 normal miles
Cruising speed of C is also 330kts, or 344.8610117mph (not sure what unit has been used for speed).

~EDIT~
Well, the R6V never reached any commerical service to my knowledge, so why should be have it in the game at all? Perhaps adding in the Boeing 367-80, though ment to be more of a demo, I guess it could be the best thing to do, afterall, if we can have planes that have only flew once in the game, why not planes that could carry people, but were more for prototypes. Bah, I don't know, I guess I'm ticked off now since my airline has fallen behind thanks to the desision to save up for 707s that were supposed to come out in 1954 in game but was moved up. I thought there were no in game changes mid-round to prevent airlines from complaining about them. We should've had a "pre-order" function that was used before the plane comes out, like in r/l.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 24, 2007, 09:49:46 am
thought there were no in game changes mid-round to prevent airlines from complaining about them. We should've had a "pre-order" function that was used before the plane comes out, like in r/l.

we try not to, true.  there were sufficient complaints about it as it was that we corrected it now rather then later. sorry.  preorder (in a limited sense) may come when we get orderbooks done... which is somewhere up the down periscope. which may or may not make sense as a phrase, but i'll make it work.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 24, 2007, 05:05:44 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
thought there were no in game changes mid-round to prevent airlines from complaining about them. We should've had a "pre-order" function that was used before the plane comes out, like in r/l.

we try not to, true.  there were sufficient complaints about it as it was that we corrected it now rather then later. sorry.  preorder (in a limited sense) may come when we get orderbooks done... which is somewhere up the down periscope. which may or may not make sense as a phrase, but i'll make it work.

Well, I guess I probebly was more upset then I should've, I see you guys did clairify which version of the Tu-104 is to be released, so at least it makes 1956 a year to really look foward to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk