Airline Mogul Forum

Introduce yourself

gisa

• Airline Operative
  • "You can have it all but how much do you want it?"
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 05:39:43 am
Hi All,

My name is Mark, a 29 year old English ESL teacher teaching at a public high school in South Korea.  I hail from Canada but have been working here for over 5 years.  I will probably be working here for a few more to save up for a house/school/kid/mortgage  :-\

I just got into AM maybe a few weeks ago...it's quite addictive.  I even got some of a bunch of my clan buddies (from a game called battlefield 1942) addicted to this too.

Favourite Airlines
Can't say anything negative I guess as I've really only been on 3:
Korean Airlines - Relatively lovely...uniforms and a relatively smooth flight.  I got bumped up to business class on the flight home from Incheon - Toronto so I will always think highly of them. :D
Northwest Airlines - A relatively bumpy flight but I arrived in one piece.  Upon landing, I noticed some water dripping in the cabin near the emergency exit doors (I think that's normal though but it still scared the heck out of me).
Air Canada - A relatively delayed flight but arrived in one piece.  After waiting over an hour for them to take out the luggage of a family that checked it in but failed to fly and then being qued to be de-iced.  Running across Vancouver's terminal to make my connection was less than fun but they did wait thankfully...

Favorite Airplanes:
I like them all I guess.  I suppose I like any of the newer planes built after the 80's.  Boeings, Airbuses, McD's...

Most used airplane in AM
Cross between fokkers (very economical and affordable) and the caravelles (currently in the late 60's).  I know they weren't used heavily in real life but their price and stats are solid in the game.

Have been passenger in:
Many kinds of planes...too many to remember.  I did get to visit the cockpit once when I was very young (too bad I can't remember).  I also had a simple Air Canada puzzle that I loved to death as a child...

Have been pilot in:
A zero, Aichival, Aichival T, SDB Dauntless, SDB-T Dauntless, BF 109, Mustang, Spitfire, B-17, Lancaster, Ilyushin (in battlefield 1942 of course! :D ).  My horrible sight prevents me from being allowed to even THINK of flying a plane.

Want to fly once in:
Does a hang glider count? :D  Maybe a cessna would be something neat to try someday...

When not playing AM I like to:
Play battlefield 1942 (my clan is 5th MRC)
engage in a train simulator known as Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004.  I love trains the most, but planes follow only by a very close second.
Enjoy my time relaxing...

Nice to read about you guys!  Cheers! 8)

Mr. Gisa ^^
Gisa Airlines: Gateway Into South Africa!
Sky Knights: The sky is the bottom limit!

abc_32123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 10:55:50 am
well, looking through the forum n found this, thought i would post one too  :lol:
16 yrs, indian, living in kuala lumpur, malaysia at present, lived in france for 5 yrs

Airline i traveled b4:
malaysian airlines, lufthansa, air india express, indian airlines, kingfisher, klm, air france, singapore airlines, thai airways, swiss air, jet airways

fav: kingfisher (love the colour scheme  ;) ) , singapore air, jet airways (both jet n sia great since all aircrafts hav ptv in all classes  ;) )

hate: all aircrafts without PTVs especialli - MH to india 5hrs no tv... TG A300 full plane, crowded 3hrs no tv eventhough leadin airline... hate bangkok airport, 2 times transit at BKK, n both times misplaces luggage for 3 days ( once TG accidentalli sent it to BKK-HKG instead of BKK-KUL)
aircrafts traveled:
A330, A340, ATR 72, CRJ(-150?? duno) , A300, A320, A321, A319, B737, B777, B747, one realli small aircraft 2-1 seatin of swiss regional or somefin long time ago

hate all aircrafts which have 3-3 seats since traveled in them a lot alredi  :lol:

want to fly in different types of aircrafts n different airlines
-want to try out Biman since read thousands of reviews that say it sucks  ;)
-want to try MD aircrafts n IL aircrafts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk