Airline Mogul Forum

Your Worst Flight Ever

blue25 · 77 · 11495

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 06, 2008, 03:32:56 pm
Quote from: "Vamerica"
No one can say they have had a bad flight until you fly in America. Trust me, it is bad here.

Noone can say they've had a BAD flight until they've flow Mesa(or SouthWorst)......

I very RARELY have bad flights....  But then I know what to try and avoid when booking.  And I fly domestically almost exclusively......

Domestic US airline travel is a commodity.  Stop expecting to be treated like you paid thousands for a ticket, when you paid $150......  An airline that gets me to my destination, with the least amount of hassle, within a reasonable time frame, with whatever baggage I brought with is half-way decent.   A well-maintained aircraft, that is reasonably cleaned, and a flight crew that realizes their job and performs them, is what I ask.  I don't need 14 forms of in-flight entertainment, nine differing food or drink services or china.  Be reasonable in your expectations, and you will experience ALOT less dissapointments in life.

The US version of Airline is a fair representation of the nonsense that goes on with SouthWorst.  They are the flying version of Greyhound Bus Company.  They market themselves to the lowest common denominator of leisure travelers.  Their high frequencies appeal to business people.  Ever see any 'road-warriors' show on that TV show?????  No,  but that is for a reason,  people experienced in business travel realize that weather delays happen, and don't get drunk in the airport bar about it.  They realize SouthWorst's ticketing and check-in policies and abide by them...

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 08, 2008, 07:53:56 am
A couple years ago I flew out to Chicago to see Madonna out there. I went to see my third show on a Sunday night and my last night in the city. Afterwards a club called Berlin was having a special Madonna night (first Sunday of the month is Madonna night out there) so I ventured over there. I rarely tell people I am from out of town when I go out for safety reasons even though I am a guy but I'm not stupid but I made the mistake of telling this chick that I was from out of town. I'd already had two drinks and was about to hit my limit of three but she insisted on buying me more drinks! After the club closed at 4am I had seven drinks, mix of cocktails and shots. Anyways I end up talking to this boy and we head over to the lake I look at the time after a few and realize that my shuttle is picking me up in two hours and my hotel is waaaaay on the other side of town! So I flag a taxi get back to the red line and toss my cookies all over the tracks. I ended up passing out on the red line and end up 5 stops from where I was supposed to get off at. I make it back to the hotel 15 minutes before the shuttle is to arrive and almost puke again brushing my teeth, no time to shower (BLAH!). I end up missing my flight because of traffic and I still smell like alcohol. The nice ticket agent for AA puts me on stand by on a Denver flight and I pass out for a bit at the gate waiting for my flight. Ah now comes the great part! I get on the flight and I am in the middle seat. I hate middle seats but that was all that was available. The flight just reaches cruising and I toss my cookies AGAIN! OMG the poor people sitting next to me. The lady in the aisle was very nice and helped me clean up but there wasn't much to clean up since for once there was a barf bag. The thing that really sucks is that pretty much the only thing in my tummy at the time was those green breath mint strips. Till this day I can put one in my mouth cause I'll gag and I can't really drink anymore because of this whole ordeal. Sorry for the long post but I had to build up to the airplane part.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk