Airline Mogul Forum

1st RESET EXECUTED, NEXT RESET JULY 8th}Ultra Competitive/Realistic world

Dobbins · 139 · 28823

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Yeah, I think it's going to be fine, and Competition makes this game more interesting than it already is.

AirbusL1011

• Airline Operative
  • Back after a year-long break!
    • View Profile
Updated standings just for fun:

Indian Ocean            Seychelles                   787.182
CaribbeanBlue            San Juan                   36.424
British European            Manchester            17.132
Brussels (No Flights)    Brussels                   14.937
Sotsialist#$%#$@%&    Moscow Domodedovo   14.258
Australia Blue            Melbourne               12.061
Anandha                    Jakarta                   7.723
Locust                    Dallas Fort Worth   6.211
UniteContinental            Chicago O'hare       5.831
Jetaway International    Paris Charles De Gaulle   5.735
Royal Atlantic            London Heathrow   5.201
Western Connection    Atlanta                   4.222
Delta                            Atlanta                   4.086
LinkAir                         Atlanta                  3.659

I was wondering if anyone was going to try and hub at a po-dunk little airport like Minot.  Looks like Seychelles won out.  Not a bad stradegy at first, but it definitely limits airline value growth.  The playing field should level for the bigger guys, given time.

Good luck to the three of you in Atlanta, your going to need it.
ooh- the three airlines in atlanta are at the bottom end of the scale!

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile

This is so ridiculous... If I'd known 3 people were going to hub in Atlanta right off the bat I would have switched it up and hubbed in Orlando, or Minneapolis... in this scenario I think it will be wise to fly to a lot of those smaller airports... Best of luck to everyone!

Shocker. Atlanta has always been the most popular airport because its size. Normally it's not much of a challenge to start there, but with the rules in this world, it's a lot harder. Same thing at O'Hare, Beijing, Heathrow and basically every other 50mln+ airport.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile

This is so ridiculous... If I'd known 3 people were going to hub in Atlanta right off the bat I would have switched it up and hubbed in Orlando, or Minneapolis... in this scenario I think it will be wise to fly to a lot of those smaller airports... Best of luck to everyone!

Shocker. Atlanta has always been the most popular airport because its size. Normally it's not much of a challenge to start there, but with the rules in this world, it's a lot harder. Same thing at O'Hare, Beijing, Heathrow and basically every other 50mln+ airport.

Exactly.  Until Airline Value goes up, the people at the biggest disadvantage are those that hubbed at Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, London (myself), Paris, and Beijing.  It seems smart to start at Seychelles, and maybe it is, but it will be interesting to see how fast everyone catches up once our DOCs go through the roof.

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Dobbins; I'm UniteContinental in the world, and I was wondering. I am going to be travelling from the middle of next week through July 1st. So from the day I leave till the day I get back; could I get a holiday from the reset?

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Sure, but I think you'll be fine.  Someone at Atlanta is going down.  I am also going to be traveling on the 26th-28th, but I think we'll both be fine.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Someone at Atlanta *shudders  :P

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile

Exactly.  Until Airline Value goes up, the people at the biggest disadvantage are those that hubbed at Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, London (myself), Paris, and Beijing.  It seems smart to start at Seychelles, and maybe it is, but it will be interesting to see how fast everyone catches up once our DOCs go through the roof.

Yes, but if I compare my airline to yours; if you have a DOC of 150mln, all I need is 50mln to keep up with you. Thing is that Moscow isn't, geographical speaking, the best place to be. But airlines based somewhere in the middle of Europe, say Zürich, have a great advantage. Still, I'm up for this challenge :) I really like the idea of this world and time will tell who got the best strategy :D

Btw, quick question, if one gets a reset, is it possible for that person to restart? Or do you ban them.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
No one will be banned.  I rather hope that anyone who is reset will keep playing.

AirbusL1011

• Airline Operative
  • Back after a year-long break!
    • View Profile
so, in theory, a middle-sized airport such as melbourne tullamarine (23,943,342 pax) is one of the best, because small size dosn't limit growth, and a large airport means that you get a lower score?

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Ok so now there's two deltas... both based out of Atlanta......... grrr  :lol:

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
So let me get this straight.  There are now four airlines out of Atlanta, which is a quarter of the players in the game, and two of them are named delta, which lacks all imagination, and the first elimination is in 10 days.

If you get eliminated and would like to change hubs, please be sure to PM me.

And yes, those mid sized airports such as Moscow, Melbourne, and Memphis may indeed be the best.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
 If my calculations are correct these are the current scores.

CaribbeanBlue SJU 38.25
IndeanOcean Air SEZ, SSH 37.00
British European Airlines MAN 18.89
Sotsialisticheskikj Respublic Avialinii DME 15.60
Australia Blue MEL 12.39
Anandha Airlines CGK 8.20
Jetaway International Airlines CDG 7.12
Locust Air DFW 7.01
UniteContinental ORD 7.00
Royal Atlantic Airways LHR 6.07
Western Connection ATL 5.17
Delta Airline ATL 4.75
AsiaAir PEK 4.30
LinkAir ATL 4.13
Delta Airlines ATL 3.37
Brussels Airlines ??? ????
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:07:20 am by East West Airlines »

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Thing is that Moscow isn't, geographical speaking, the best place to be. But airlines based somewhere in the middle of Europe, say Zürich, have a great advantage.

That is the big reason I think Indian Ocean Air out of Seychelles could be in trouble in a bit, unless they open up another hub on the mainland.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Ah, and I see that they have.  Well this should make it a little more interesting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk