Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: May 05, 2008, 09:23:13 pm
American keyboards don't have the AltGr key.

For US laptops, it would be Fn+Alt+0128. You may or may not need the NumLock key on.

Another easy way is to copy/paste from any AM screen. ;)

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: May 13, 2008, 06:37:18 pm
Quote from: "killian320"
Quote from: "yourefired"
Quote from: "Pacific"
Multiple aircraft on the same route.  My record is 98x in another game - people have broken 100 freqs.

What's the point of that? At that point you're losing money on routes. Plus you have to buy 10 gates on each end.

The way I see it, Airline Mogul is a game. Yes it can get annoying when people put, in Pacific's example, 100x + freq on their routes, but it is a game, try to have fun... and maybe even try to break 110 freq on a route! :D

can I just say that some of us want to play properly and some of us dont want to compete towards 110 flights a day between airports.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:21 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"
Quote from: "killian320"
Quote from: "yourefired"
Quote from: "Pacific"
Multiple aircraft on the same route.  My record is 98x in another game - people have broken 100 freqs.

What's the point of that? At that point you're losing money on routes. Plus you have to buy 10 gates on each end.

The way I see it, Airline Mogul is a game. Yes it can get annoying when people put, in Pacific's example, 100x + freq on their routes, but it is a game, try to have fun... and maybe even try to break 110 freq on a route! :D

can I just say that some of us want to play properly and some of us dont want to compete towards 110 flights a day between airports.

Touché!!!

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: May 14, 2008, 12:08:43 am
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

For US laptops, it would be Fn+Alt+0128. You may or may not need the NumLock key on.

I've been copying and pasting. :-)
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: May 14, 2008, 12:09:31 am
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

I've been copying and pasting. :-)

thats what I do :lol:

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: May 15, 2008, 08:24:08 am
Roffles.  An old goodie.  FCO-LAX.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/a340_313x/Junk/lollercoasterz.jpg

In all seriousness, hope I can reduce my 3x+ frequency flights today when I get bigger aircraft delivered!

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: May 29, 2008, 03:06:57 am
Bring this thread back to life for a minute.

Little pet peeve thats driving me crazy at one of my hubs.

If your bored and don't feel like playing a world anymore...then remove yourself from said world.  Not be childish and set every single route (250+) you have to €1  :x   Theres no extra factors playing into this game yet...doing this even when theres only a year or so left in the game is pointless and just plain annoying to the rest of us :?  Yes its not technically against the rules...but whats the point...your making negative profit :roll:  Just speeds up how quickly this game reaches a standstill. This is the exact same stupidity that drives people away from this game...why bother spending the time to create a nice hub when you know within 3-4 years some idiots just going to ruin it because hes bored :x

There ought to be some sort of limit to these kinds of actions...theres playing and trying to drive people away from a hub (which rarely works)...then theres just bored stupidity that brings this game to a screeching halt earlier then it should.
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: May 31, 2008, 04:21:19 pm
Quote from: "Triple_7"

If your bored and don't feel like playing a world anymore...then remove yourself from said world.  Not be childish and set every single route (250+) you have to €1  :x   Theres no extra factors playing into this game yet...doing this even when theres only a year or so left in the game is pointless and just plain annoying to the rest of us :?  Yes its not technically against the rules...but whats the point...your making negative profit :roll:  Just speeds up how quickly this game reaches a standstill. This is the exact same stupidity that drives people away from this game...why bother spending the time to create a nice hub when you know within 3-4 years some idiots just going to ruin it because hes bored :x

There ought to be some sort of limit to these kinds of actions...theres playing and trying to drive people away from a hub (which rarely works)...then theres just bored stupidity that brings this game to a screeching halt earlier then it should.
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?  8)

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: June 01, 2008, 07:27:27 am
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

Got any Cheddar :?   As for wine...I'd rather have whiskey :roll:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: June 07, 2008, 04:06:21 am
LOL, if you're in W3, wait until my 20 747's are delivered in a few days.  :)  I'm bored yes, but not so bored that I don't get a good laugh of cheesing people off.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: June 07, 2008, 04:12:18 am
Quote from: "Triple_7"

If your bored and don't feel like playing a world anymore...then remove yourself from said world.  Not be childish and set every single route (250+) you have to ?1  :x   Theres no extra factors playing into this game yet...doing this even when theres only a year or so left in the game is pointless and just plain annoying to the rest of us :?  Yes its not technically against the rules...but whats the point...your making negative profit :roll:  Just speeds up how quickly this game reaches a standstill. This is the exact same stupidity that drives people away from this game...why bother spending the time to create a nice hub when you know within 3-4 years some idiots just going to ruin it because hes bored :x

Just to tell you, HKG - CAN is sooo profitable that some runs it @ $0.4 and still profit-making
(HKG- ZHU, HKG - SZX, HKG - MAcau are also flooded with still profit-making <$1 routes)

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: June 07, 2008, 04:13:10 am
i m afraid 747 cannot cheese people off///// 8)
if i use a tiny little plane and put the fare 1dollar below your route..
you will suffer severe loss :D
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

SeaBlue Pacific Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: June 12, 2008, 04:32:49 am
The 10x freq, 1 Euro fare war has begun in world 8.  I can't believe people are doing that early in the game.  Did the admins do something about the LF algorithm?  My flight seems to be almost unaffected by the airline doing the 10x freq, 1 Euro flight.  Of course I had to decrease my price to have a decent LF but fares are still high on that route.

ComfyAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: June 13, 2008, 04:03:45 am
There should be no question of banning $1 fares.

first u need to have enough muscles to carry $1 fares in perpetuity.
Second most important thing is AM regulation stop us from opening more than 7 hubs. That clearly limits
large airlines from flooding....

This policy is ensuring larger airlines are not playing irrational game and even if they do only small market is affected.
My experience is 5-8 years into game its not worth competing on heavy routes. In fact once I became multi bilion airline
I found leasing out aircrafts was much more profitable strategy than compete and maintain routes.

Jazzyspreetsingh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: June 22, 2008, 08:07:32 pm
I don't have $1 fares, but I have been putting up some $15 fares on routes with no other airlines flying that route...

(the $10 Skybus fare, + 5 for taxes) btw this is in W6....

so yeah.... if you want me to take away my $10 fares, just send me a message to 13438.

i only have the $15 fares on 3 routes

and I have $55 fares on 2 routes

out of my 106 total routes. [/code]
aspreet Singh
CEO, SkybusAirlines
Columbus, OH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk