:shock: So we now changed back to 2X0.5, correct?? :roll:

My boss's boss said 2. I will get back to you in 24 hours max :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

INA - Infinity Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: October 18, 2007, 12:26:53 am
The current Number 1 in rankings *airline deleted* is flying ONLY 0.5 Routes!?
So this is ok?
Ihave to fight against these competition. And it´s really hard.

So if this is ok i would go an fly only 0.5 routes too. If it´s not ok - do something against this. maybe delete the chance to create half routes.

*edited by dktc: please don't publicly accuse fellow players*
reetings
Stefan
CEO of Infinty Air
ID 1319

JM1878

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: October 18, 2007, 01:34:39 am
INA - completely agree - just started in my base and set up 68 (out of 69) 0.5 flights, killing my DOP. :(
Is this how you win this game....................

(psssst you arent meant to name people ;) )
nion Air (ID 4809)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: October 18, 2007, 01:59:29 am
JM1878, see my email.

All I can say is that the airline is legal... and as much as I want to delete it (because I am jealous :P ), I can't. There is nothing I could do.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: October 18, 2007, 02:24:51 am
My correspondence with StephenM 2-3 days before the round started.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/a340_313x/Junk/stephenforumconvo.jpg

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: October 18, 2007, 02:29:27 am
Quote from: "Pacific"
My correspondence with StephenM 2-3 days before the round started.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/a340_313x/Junk/stephenforumconvo.jpg

He was incorrect, as in all complaints would be investigated (well... at least all that I receive :P ). Whether actions would be taken depends on the outcome of the investigation though.
D Express (id 616) 8)

JM1878

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: October 18, 2007, 02:39:02 am
Thanks for the email dktc  :)

Pacific - any chance you could adjust your strategy a little? For the sake of the game and the fun of others, even if it is technically not against the 'rules'? Turn a few of those one-ways into round trips or something.

Would be great if you would have a think about it.

Cheers
nion Air (ID 4809)

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: October 18, 2007, 02:50:34 am
Quote from: "JM1878"
Thanks for the email dktc  :)

Pacific - any chance you could adjust your strategy a little? For the sake of the game and the fun of others, even if it is technically not against the 'rules'? Turn a few of those one-ways into round trips or something.

Would be great if you would have a think about it.

Cheers

Well, what I'm doing is really exactly the same as what other top ranked players (minus brokers) are doing.  Even if I'm eliminated, others would still do it, overtake my DOP, take the #1 rank off me and use their strength to go all-out everywhere.  As I've said in past posts, play this as a game and not a simulation.  F*bleep* realism!

There really is no answer to this problem until AM Management manages to fix this rather complicated LF script evidenced by a mistake by a programmer last night while enhancing the code led to 140 of my routes being affected.  That's why we really have no choice but to simply wait and have faith as they are constantly at work unlike the "blue" game.

Ironically, I already consider myself to be rather "tame", as I have not taken the rules to the limit by doing 2x 0.5s everywhere like some other players.  Last round was even worse, with 5x 0.5s being very common.

How have I managed to rocket to the top?  I saw other 1x 0.5 people on my tail but with suboptimal route and fleet structures, so my airline size is not only due to the 0.5.  Another guy in Europe's caught onto my strategy and he will rocket up to #2 at this rate.

JM1878

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: October 18, 2007, 03:36:39 am
Ok no problems  :)

However, I would argue that the fact this is just a game would mean that I wouldn't (or I am not) hell bent on coming top, but would rather everyone enjoyed it.

But I don't really care that much for it be too much of an issue tbh.

As they say, when in Rome....!
nion Air (ID 4809)

Armygrognard

Reply #129 on: October 18, 2007, 05:38:06 pm
This is EXACTLY why they need to add more measures of success.

http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2175

Give players more ways to #1 in something.  Last round there was no way I could be #1 in value as I started late.  So I aimed to climb as high in NA as possible and to push my passengers carried as high as I could, and I think I did pretty well.  

Add more possibilities and there may be less complaining.

:idea:  :idea:  :idea:

andylawrence

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: October 19, 2007, 12:27:40 pm
The .05 routes absolutely suck, for those of us here for a SIMULATION, not a game, you cant compete against 68 .05 routes.  At this point i dont think they should be allowed unless your just using them to round out a planes flying hours.
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/panambs.png[/img]
Airline ID 140

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: October 19, 2007, 12:30:50 pm
Quote from: "andylawrence"
The .05 routes absolutely suck, for those of us here for a SIMULATION, not a game, you cant compete against 68 .05 routes.  At this point i dont think they should be allowed unless your just using them to round out a planes flying hours.

Tell me what freq you can use on AMS to BOS... if you ever find a plane (in 1950) that can do 1 freq.. tell me

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: October 19, 2007, 12:32:13 pm
Yeah, and me.

JM1878

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: October 19, 2007, 12:45:53 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

Tell me what freq you can use on AMS to BOS... if you ever find a plane (in 1950) that can do 1 freq.. tell me

Well, one argument could be that (regardless of actual history) this is very early in the game, so perhaps not having 0.5s and thus not long haul would naturally slow down expansion a little bit which I think would be a good thing. I am new and looking at how quickly airlines expand in a few game months is insane to me.

But, what about (as a short term fix) limiting 0.5s to over a certain distance. I know this isnt perfect (as there are justifications for short haul 0.5s) but for now this would allow people to get these long haul routes up and running with the current planes, but cut out someone setting up 70 short 0.5 routes in one go to all routes from a major airport.

On that note, I also think there should be a limit to how many new routes you can open up each game day. As this is a game people arent here 24jrs a day. By not letting someone move into a new area and wipe out the competition literally while they are sleeping :) and holding back their expansion a bit, this would allow competition in the area to react with a little more realism. It would mean players could try and alter their strategy gradually to fend off a new threat, rather than logging in after work and seeing that they have to change everything in one swoop.

Just some thoughts from a newbie - so I am sure more experienced players will have plenty to disagree with! :D
nion Air (ID 4809)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: October 19, 2007, 12:49:17 pm
Quote from: "JM1878"
Quote from: "Jps"

Well, one argument could be that (regardless of actual history) this is very early in the game, so perhaps not having 0.5s and thus not long haul would naturally slow down expansion a little bit which I think would be a good thing. I am new and looking at how quickly airlines expand in a few game months is insane to me.

But, what about (as a short term fix) limiting 0.5s to over a certain distance. I know this isnt perfect (as there are justifications for short haul 0.5s) but for now this would allow people to get these long haul routes up and running with the current planes, but cut out someone setting up 70 short 0.5 routes in one go to all routes from a major airport.

On that note, I also think there should be a limit to how many new routes you can open up each game day. As this is a game people arent here 24jrs a day. By not letting someone move into a new area and wipe out the competition literally while they are sleeping :) and holding back their expansion a bit, this would allow competition in the area to react with a little more realism. It would mean players could try and alter their strategy gradually to fend off a new threat, rather than logging in after work and seeing that they have to change everything in one swoop.

Just some thoughts from a newbie - so I am sure more experienced players will have plenty to disagree with! :D

I'd say no.. because if i wanted to operate a plane that had smaller range to BOS, it would be impossible then

And to the first paragraph, last round you couldn't do Bogota to Auckland without 0.5 freq

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk