Airline Mogul Forum

Aero World Airlines

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 24, 2008, 01:33:44 pm
Hey im a noobie and just wanted to know how long it takes for big airlines to become established..

Ive been playing for around 1.5 months(AM Time) and my stats are:

DOP 300,000
Airline Value 6,000,000
LF 100%

With a Fleet of :
2x Antonov An-2P
Embraer EMB-110-P1
Fokker F27-600

Anyways my question is How long does it take to establish yourself through the whole of a continent??
And am i progressing well ?

:D AeroBat :D
Aero World Airlines

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:50:27 pm
It depends where you have started really. If in Australasia a really good airline after say 2 weeks (real time) is about 2 - 3 bil value, wheras a Europe or NA airline you want about 10 - 20 bil to be an extremely well established airline.

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:24 pm
well im Base out of Warsaw and plan to create a secondary hub once i have 15 destinations and overlap them.
But in guessing a DOP of 300,000 in 1 day (Real Time) is quite good ?? 2 bad have ALOT of competition from LOT Polish Airlines :evil:

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 07:35:58 pm
Just looked at your routemap, but you're flying too many long distance routes. Why flying from Warsaw to Exeter, or Warsaw - Kharkov? Ok, you might be without competition on those routes, but it's better to fly shorter routes. Doing this, your aircrafts can fly more routes and make much more money. And the more money you get, the faster you can grow. Just take a look at Germany. Close to your base and lots of airports to fly to  :wink:

Good luck!

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:30:51 pm
Generally, it depends how you play your cards. There are different variables, one is where you base, if you base in a larger airport, you'll be more likely to have a higher DOP, which in turn, makes it easier to afford planes (note that this is true only for hte beginning of the round, later on I hear it gets very hard.) Other variables are aircraft choice, competitors (who, how many, how large). If you want to avoid competition more, try to base from airports that are smaller in size, like Krakow, Gdansk, Katowice. If you really want to reduce competition to as close to zero, try to base in a city with a pax number of less than one million (should tell you, at that point, it is not advisable to lease aircraft, as they might not make you desired MOP (Monthly operating profit) as they have that 5% rule (was it 5%?) for leasing .

I'll tell you some of my experiances from before, preferably the early 1950s and early 1970s round before multiworlds was implemented.
On both, I typically started out in RZE (Rzeszow), which has a pax number of some 190K. It starts VERY slow for you like this, and your DOP will typically be below 100K. You'll also have to plan carefully and not buy anything with less than 20 seats for your "2nd" plane, as they'll have a harder time of rolling in a profit. When you get some more of that type (like 4 to 5), look into purchasing your first 50 seater (by then a game year might've passed). After that, it should be much smoother sailing for you at that point. After some time, and establishing close to 50-75 routes, I went ahead and opened up a new base at another small airport (In the 1950s, it was Kaliningrad, in the 70s it was Kharkiv (I remember adding that one into, I think it was one of the first ones I did)). Then I started to look at larger bases with pax numbers with larger than 1 mil pax.

In the 1950s round I got up to being 200th out of some 2000 players, and in the 1970s I ended up being like 150th out of a simiar (or larger) amount. If those rounds were allowed to continue as planned, I think I could've been pretty close if not in the top 100 players.

The other rule of thumb is cover EVERYTHING you can that will bring in a good reasonable profit, specifically stuff that is closer togeather. As that is where easier money should be (does not apply well for the LHRs, CDGs, and ORDs of the world I have heard, as they get crowded quick).

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:10 am
THanks heaps guys ...

How far do you think i should be flying im currently brokering a deal to get some HS-748E (Which i think is a good plane) and plan to go medium haul about 900-1200 nm max.to replace my embraer which i will put on my short haul.My embraer will eventually replace my antonov after its lease is up BTW i found it for a monthly rate of 20000 (ABSOLUTE bargain ) and am making around 40,000 off it a month.

My plans are now to expand my routes and hopefully make a 150,000 Secondary base to fly to all my gates i have lease out.

Any more Advice would be WIKID  :D

oh and Btw flying to : Kharkov Osnova     Embraer EMB 110-P1 (12594)     1     100.00%     €16,823 PROFIT (50,000) Gate
                                Blue Danube Airport Linz     Fokker F27-600 (12564)     1     100.00%     €24,390 PROFIT (50,000) Gate
                                Exeter                     Embraer EMB 110-P1 (12594)     1     100.00%     €17,153 PROFIT (50,000) Gate
                                Aalborg Airport     Embraer EMB 110-P1 (12594)     1     100.00%     €14,270 PROFIT (50,000) Gate

As you can see i make quite alot of my embraer 110-P1 on these long routes (1000nm ish) and if i place a larger HS-748E on these routes with no competion
bring in heaps of cash because of the lack of competition

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 04:52:54 pm
Well, my advice is typically to stock up pretty well on 40-70 seaters. I guess getting more F-27s might be good for you, especially when it comes to operating from Poland. I think maybe 10 of them is the ideal amount before moving to a larger step. But as said, try to look into more shorter range routes to serve with F-27s, you know, Krakow, Katowice, Gdansk, Poznan, Wrocław. The other Polish towns that are less than 500K are also good, as it Kaliningrad (I think it is called Kharbrovo). Put the AN-2 to shorter routes within Poland to the towns with populations in the 1000s.

A smart thing to do is focus more on shorter routes than the longest routes possible. That way, more aircraft can be easily attainable, and your DOP can rise to even higher levels as your aircraft is flying some 5 to 6 routes (and lets say each makes a good 20K on each route, so then 100K-120K DOP for that plane), where if they were to nearly max out their range, they could be making much less as they would be flying only 2 routes (40K).

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 05:32:20 am
Dont forget, when your operating with small airlines from small airports, your first routes should always be to the large airports (e.g. in europe, from Kalingrad - FRA, SUV, DOM, HEL, CPH, first with several smaller airports, once your a/c timing runs thin)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 05:51:43 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
Dont forget, when your operating with small airlines from small airports, your first routes should always be to the large airports (e.g. in europe, from Kalingrad - FRA, SUV, DOM, HEL, CPH, first with several smaller airports, once your a/c timing runs thin)

That's not true. Just fly to the closest airports, irrespective of how big they are.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 06:01:30 am
Quote from: "zkvac"

That's not true. Just fly to the closest airports, irrespective of how big they are.
How would you know? I've played in Sarajevo, Vladivostok, Kharabovsk - Novy, Yuzhno Sahalinsk, and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, plus many other small airports in Asia and europe, I think I know :wink:

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 06:41:03 am
I've played out of Sarasota, Florida-a tiiny little airport with just 1.2 million passengers. Trust me, you DO want to fly to the big airports.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 06:59:41 am
Yeah, if you're stupid enough to base in a small airport. Warsaw isn't that small is it?
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:36:20 am
Just an update on how im going :D

DOP   €546,906
Airline Cash   €3,228,032
Airline Value   €12,723,778

Loadfactor   99.34%

Total Routes   30
Total Destinations   18
Daily Passengers   1,951

Currently have fleet of:

1 Embraer EMB 110-P1   
1 Fokker F27-100      
2 Antonov An-2P
2 Fokker F27-600

Pretty good yer ?

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:00:33 pm
Yeah, if you're stupid enough to base in a small airport. Warsaw isn't that small is it?
its not stupid, what if you want to model a real world airline :P  :wink:

@Aerobat, thats good for now :)

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 07:00:14 pm

How would you know? I've played in Sarajevo, Vladivostok, Kharabovsk - Novy, Yuzhno Sahalinsk, and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, plus many other small airports in Asia and europe, I think I know :wink:

I have played out of Rzeszow, Kharkov, Kaliningrad-Khrabrovo, Vnukovo, that secondary airport in Brussels and Clermont in France and more more airport in or near Siberia, I think it may have been Samara. Out of the first three, I still didn't have no problem pulling out a profit when I fly to airports that have populations that are 300K-1.5 mil. It just required careful planning with aircraft, and also careful planning with respect to who you are competing with. Its a slower climb up than if you base from a larger city, and requires careful planning, even down to what aircraft you should use, but I can assure you, it is not too bad. Though you do start out covering the largest cities you can in a small 400nm circle, and then work your way down.

I base out of small airports, and while at first you fall behind in the rankings compared with most of hte LHR/CDG/AMS/FRA guys, after you get estblished very well and make a few more bases, you start to shoot up in the rankings rather quickly when I did in those 1950s and 1970s rounds before mutliworlds were introduced. :? EPWA is not that small of an airport, it has nearly about 8 mil pax. So theoreticlly, with no competition, nearly every route will make you a good profit (meaning that your MOP will be in the black) for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk