Airline Mogul Forum

Mac vs PC

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 11:07:21 am
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Photography/video professionals would disagree.

Maybe I wouldn't call myself a pro, but I for one don't disagree...

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 08:29:33 pm
After trying the mac of a friend for 2 days I'd say I stick with my WinXP computer. I think the mac is rather for people who really often do graphics stuff or those who want a nearly failsafe computer with very few options to kill it :lol:

I myself like to try stuff out on my computer, install a new cooling systems, new software and in general I like to find out how the stuff works (and how to make it crash other computers :twisted: ). I'd use Linux but in general I just don't have the time and the knowledge to work things out on this operating system (and most of my additional hardware is made for Mac/Win so I'd have to write and install many complicated codecs to use it.

The biggest problems on Windows are
a) That Microsoft is nothing else than a slave to the record/video companies
b) They don't seem to either use their brains or bugtest their programs/patches. For example the new WinXP SP3 had the problem that it installed a certain program on all computers delivered by HP which made many computers with AMD processors crash since it was only thought for Intel CPUs. And have you ever tried to get up a connection between a Vista and a XP computer via LAN? Good luck!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk