Mac vs PC

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 05:57:15 am
Quote from: "sla31"
Quote from: "Seattle"
My Vista works wonders on all our computers (labtops and big junkies) :D I dont like the apple system software..... for, me Idont know where anything is.... atleast with Windows, I can understand why they have somethnigs this way and that way, etc.

I had the same problem when I first switched.  My friend convineced me to buy a Mac and I really didn't like it at first.  Then after using it a while I began to like it so much more.
Plus, how could I betray a company that supports 50,000 + jobs in WA state.
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 06:05:42 am
True. I know how important jobs are.  How about you just support the Boeing company even more. :lol:
Bryce Rea

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 06:07:44 am
True. I know how important jobs are.  How about you just support the Boeing company even more. :lol:
Dont even question that one! You should to.... arent you from Kansas?
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 07:10:57 am

Apple, I love Macs new operating system.  I have tried Vista and don't like it.  XP was pretty good though. :lol:

Sadly, W2K was the pantheon of MS operating systems. If they could've built-in fast-switching in W2K, I would've never upgraded to XP. And there's no way I'll ever upgrade to Vista until I absolutely, positively have to.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 10:43:33 am
The computer typing this message is a vista computer. It sucks, Vista is one of the hardest operating systems to get used to. Hopefully Leopard is much, much easier.

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 10:49:37 am
Macs are just as bad as Dells :lol:. The software is too limited, the build quality (IME) is crap, and they're just as overpriced (in terms of value) as ThinkPads were when IBM still made them (btw, ThinkPads still rock)! Not saying there aren't any crap PC's out there, though [*cough*DELL*cough*]. AND Apple still insists on that GIANT touchpad button! Its annoying enough looking at it, but its worse when you use it! Its almost like when you press it down on one side the other tilts up like a see-saw! Ok, I am (technically) a film-maker and I have to admit the Final Cut suite of software is good. But then again, Apple BOUGHT FINAL CUT FROM MACROMEDIA! :evil: Also, I can't help but mention how crap the Air is. I mean, one USB port, a MICRO-dvi port, and a headphone jack. Thats it. Ok I can understand that it wouldn't fit on a computer of that thinness but being thin doesn't mean as much (of course, unless its as thick as my friend's Dell) as weight, especially for an ultraportable. The ThinkPad X300 has three USB ports, VGA, a headphone and mic jack, and a DVD burner! Without the burner, its lighter than the Crapbook Air. With it, its about .01 of a pound heavier.

Well, there was my rant against Macs...

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 10:54:32 am
Does anyone here use Linux/alternative operating systems? I installed it on an old computer I had lying around, and it actually seems to work quite well, although I haven't really had the time to test it. When you consider it is free, it seems good value (especially if you only need to do your average word processing, photo editing, few games etc.).

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 10:56:48 am
I frankly like Apple. It's not just the software or useability. Considering the thing sits on my desk close to 24 hours a day and I stare at it for a good 15, aesthetics is important too. And Apple wins in that department.

Dude, bottom line, it's a COMPUTER. Buy whatever you like.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 02:48:32 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
The computer typing this message is a vista computer. It sucks, Vista is one of the hardest operating systems to get used to. Hopefully Leopard is much, much easier.

I personally love Leopard.  I think it is wonderful.
Bryce Rea

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 02:49:49 pm
Quote from: "Seattle"
Dont even question that one! You should to.... arent you from Kansas?

Oh I support Boeing.  Don't think I don't.  However if Microsoft were in Kansas I would move. :lol:   No not really, but i would still buy Apples.
Bryce Rea

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 08:28:19 pm
Macs are not that good for professionals and those who like to fill their computers with software.
Pavel

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 09:05:25 pm
Quote from: "new-at-flying"
Macs are not that good for professionals and those who like to fill their computers with software.

Photography/video professionals would disagree.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 10:02:16 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

Photography/video professionals would disagree.

I ment more of software development.
Pavel

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:29 pm

I would say that PCs are better alright for Business Related activities, but I have never used a Mac properly for their supposed strength of Graphics.

If you really want you could do a cost/benefit analysis, as the cost of a Mac is huge compared to a PC.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 11:16:25 pm
Get a Mac.  Macs are so much better! :D

And, if you for some extremely strange reason you get tired of the Mac processor, no probs.  Windows can be installed on macs, if you want.  Both systems can run on the same Apple computer. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk