Airline Mogul Forum

Rant - Im done

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 04:01:47 pm
Quote from: "Pilgrim"
and i'll admit it, my moving into ATL was, at least in part, to go after you because of your ticking me off with all those 1 euro Armagnac routes from ORD :twisted: But DFW, LAX? no... I'm quite happy with my hub structure.

Honestly, I always go after the big dog. #1 to me is a bullseye. And sorry, but you're wearing it.

Sacrificing your DOP and "sabotaging" routes with high frequencies and low fares gets you no where close towards #1. And the fact that you moved to ATL out of spite than the spirit of competition makes me glad you won't be playing anymore.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 04:13:20 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
and i'll admit it, my moving into ATL was, at least in part, to go after you because of your ticking me off with all those 1 euro Armagnac routes from ORD :twisted: But DFW, LAX? no... I'm quite happy with my hub structure.

Honestly, I always go after the big dog. #1 to me is a bullseye. And sorry, but you're wearing it.

Sacrificing your DOP and "sabotaging" routes with high frequencies and low fares gets you no where close towards #1. And the fact that you moved to ATL out of spite than the spirit of competition makes me glad you won't be playing anymore.

whoa whoa whoa backup...

I never sacrificed anything nor sabotaged anyone. My DOP was over 200 million.
The fact i run 3/4x on routes instead of 1x makes me evil now i guess... well fhine, so be it.

And spite, well... the line between competition and spite is very fuzzy i guess.
But in case you missed it, i was always running smaller planes on routes where i wasn't being undercut. Even now my plan was to have the Convair 340 and L-749 flying most of my regional flights, instead of L1049s, SE2010s, Constitutions, etc like SOME people???

You know I really don't get what the problem is? Seriously, so i came in, made the fares reasonable instead of 700/800/900/1000/more, built terminals at all my hubs the handle the flight loads (and ain't hogging gates because of it) and I'm the problem? yeesh... some people are so hard to keep happy!

Maybe i should come back next round, play the game like you and EPX do, and see how much that's appreciated!

myefre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 04:26:32 pm
High Frequencies spark a fare ware. The windfall is temporary as then others adjust their fares lower and then you have to come back and do the same and in time the fares are drop lower and lower.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 05:30:55 pm
Alright folks,

I've had it. I'm not going to waste my time on this site anymore.

Over the last 3 days any respect for the staff here has been blown away. Three strikes:

1> 1st i get my account suspended because of some new interpretation of the .5 rule that is not posted anywhere. The accompanying explanation was also sorely lacking in explaining why all of a sudden, out of the blue, after months and months of those routes being there they are suddenly against the rules!
2> Every flippin airline gets a 1.5 billion windfall, not in itself deal breaking... however...
3> just as im getting to the top of the game, a sudden reset is announced in what seems to be a blatant attempt at covering up #2!

We golly gee batman, don't i feel betrayed.

Forget it, i'm done. There's no point in being here if this is the kind of behavior i get, i'm better off going about my business elsewhere and not even bothering coming here.

So long!

I feel the same about 2 and 3. I myself was an airline who started way in the back (near 900) but now I'm close at 212th place. I sorta do not think that the game is saturated and those who were complaning were mostly about complaning about routes that would naturally be saturated because of their normal popularity no matter how many players were in the game(i.e. SFO-LAX, LHR-CDG, HKG-NRT, JFK-LAX, etc.) Even though I am disappointed that the reset was called so early, I will keep playing the game because I find it pretty fun.

BigDerriAir[FT]

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 06:04:37 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

whoa whoa whoa backup...

I never sacrificed anything nor sabotaged anyone. My DOP was over 200 million.
The fact i run 3/4x on routes instead of 1x makes me evil now i guess... well fhine, so be it.

And spite, well... the line between competition and spite is very fuzzy i guess.
But in case you missed it, i was always running smaller planes on routes where i wasn't being undercut. Even now my plan was to have the Convair 340 and L-749 flying most of my regional flights, instead of L1049s, SE2010s, Constitutions, etc like SOME people???

You know I really don't get what the problem is? Seriously, so i came in, made the fares reasonable instead of 700/800/900/1000/more, built terminals at all my hubs the handle the flight loads (and ain't hogging gates because of it) and I'm the problem? yeesh... some people are so hard to keep happy!

Maybe i should come back next round, play the game like you and EPX do, and see how much that's appreciated!

Yet you started and built up charging those same high fares everyone else is. It's one thing to do that from day 1. It's another to build up that way and then suddenly dump capacity all over the place. Do that with your first DC3 from day 1 and I'll buy it. Otherwise you're acting as a spoiler, nothing more. Perhaps you enjoy that... but I also bet you'd be screaming the loudest once someone came along and did it to you.
img]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/5/8/9/0/3/webimg/94956616_o.jpg[/img]

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 06:51:43 pm
Quote from: "BigDerriAir[FT
"]

Yet you started and built up charging those same high fares everyone else is. It's one thing to do that from day 1. It's another to build up that way and then suddenly dump capacity all over the place. Do that with your first DC3 from day 1 and I'll buy it. Otherwise you're acting as a spoiler, nothing more. Perhaps you enjoy that... but I also bet you'd be screaming the loudest once someone came along and did it to you.

People HAVE done it to me, MANY times. Have you heard one peep from me about it??? Nope, because:
That's competition
Someone jumps on the route at $1, again I'm not gonna complain about it, because:
That's competition
They'll regret doing it when i counter them, but no, I don't moan about it, that IS competition, and that, last time i checked, is what this game was about in the end. EuroPacific and I but heads on way too many high frequency $1 routes i admit, but neither of us is gonna back down. Why? you guessed it:
THAT'S COMPETITION!

As soon as the 10x cap was removed, i was running high-frequency flights also. BOS-LGA was one of the 1st. And i wasn't even the 1st one over 10x on that route. Honestly, I can't believe some of these comments. Just because i play the game differently, I'm evil/capacity dumper/fare slasher/babynapper/etc, yet all the time i was doing it, not one person so much as IMed me about it. So honestly, you wanna moan, fine, but I don't feel in any way shape or form in the wrong about it!

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 07:53:21 pm
don't u know i am one of the first to start the 72.5 frequency route with an avro tudor..... 8)

anyway....i am very glad that you are forced out of the game..... :P

personally...i really believe that you can earn the same amount of money with 0.5 $800 route rather than 5.0 $80 route :!:

i bet you just wanna be the one with the most passengers.....

in fact...the only way to be the top is to increase the no. of destinations but not frequency!!
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 07:57:06 pm
Quote from: "epxair"
don't u know i am one of the first to start the 72.5 frequency route with an avro tudor..... 8)

anyway....i am very glad that you are forced out of the game..... :P

personally...i really believe that you can earn the same amount of money with 0.5 $800 route rather than 5.0 $80 route :!:

i bet you just wanna be the one with the most passengers.....

in fact...the only way to be the top is to increase the no. of destinations but not frequency!!

Well... i wanted to be biggest period, and i was adding destinations with the 1049G all over the place. And I WAS the biggest pax hauler for awhile... oh well...

This is fun! Everyone should have a roast thread!   :P

myefre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:03 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

I sorta do not think that the game is saturated .

I am sitting on 85 billion in cash so I don't think saturation is the problem. I think fares are too high.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 10:11:58 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
our veteran got stranded 24 hours thanks to NorthWorst. :x :x :x :x

being that i live in St. Paul, i know exactly what you are talking about :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil:

but united's worse :twisted:

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 12:30:28 am
"but it stopped being fun some time ago on a day to day basis"

If that's the case then reasons 1-3 are really of no consequence are they?  Given that you were one of the largest airlines in the game I'm not sure why you should be so angry.  

myefre,

I think the problem is that the world in AM has just too many passengers in compared to real life.  Airlines don't ever get the chance to sit on $80B.  The airline world in AM seems much bigger than the market in the actual world.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 01:17:04 am
Quote from: "myefre"
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

I sorta do not think that the game is saturated .

I am sitting on 85 billion in cash so I don't think saturation is the problem. I think fares are too high.

Well, on the front they say the main reason for the reset is players complaining about saturation. I think the only reason fares are "too high" though is mostly because we're using 1950s technology (the largest plane only has 168 seats in this game at this point) using 2000s numbers. But I don't mind it, I love this round and it has been very fun for me. But I think with the introduction of the IL-18 (despite the early release date, but I'm not bothered), fares have started to fall. When I started replacing the Tu-70 with them, most fares fell nearly by 1/2.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 02:11:28 am
First of all, I would like to apologize to Pilgrim on behalf od the Membership Department and the entire AM admin team. As you have noticed, we have two new membership admins. Due to various delays, I was not able to train them sufficiently before I went on vacation. Originally, I would just be gone for about 30 hours and I would be back to guide them. However, due to the bad weather in US, i am out for more than 60 hours. The other admins are helping with Bruno and Charles, and some misunderstanding has occurred, resulting in this issue.

The .5's is a grey area of the rule. While we have been talking about 0.5's, we actually mean all .5's (including 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, .... n.5, n is a positive interger). Due to this grey area, neither DanielD nor myself have been taking actions for any frequencies other than 0.5's. The other admins are not fully aware of this, and advised our new staff to take actions. As a result, Pilgrim's account was affected by this miscommunication.

As stated in Bruno's follow up email to you, no penalty has been applied and we are deeply apologetic for any inconveniences caused. We will get the rule revised with detailed and accurate words, and make it known to all users publicly by the coming reset.

Here, I express deep regret for you to leave AM because of this hiccup. However, I do respect your personal decision. If you seriously feel that AM is not worth your time, then good luck and thanks for playing.

Daniel Chan
Membership Officer

P.S. I would offer you to contact me and discuss the situation, as well as giving us more feedback. However, fact is I am on vacation and I will be traveling in the coming week and a half.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 03:26:00 am
Daniel,

1st let me say that i do understand the issue... and now that i have the full story, apology accepted.

It doesn't change my feelings much however, I may come back after the reset at some point. The problem is, i think this game is, truthfully, an addiction for me. I have to come to terms with my real life before i come back. I'll see how my mindset is after the holidays. I actually didn't realize how much time i was spending on here until i looked at it today... the answer is 4-5 hours a day in the last 3 weeks. Far too much.

I think i was more than a little over upset about nothing when i started this thread, but i do stand behind my postings. I hope everyone realizes i was playing the game the way i thought it should be played. I have nothing against any other player, and i hope that everyone reciprocates that feeling.

Anyways, ill hang around the forums for now...

8)

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 07:47:04 am
Well, yes, one could say that there are too many passengers in this world... but then there are also way too many airlines, too, so it sort of balances out.

I think multiworlds will solve the problem to a large extent.
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk