Airline Mogul Forum

Mac vs PC

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 21, 2008, 11:33:50 am
Which should I buy next, a Mac, or a PC?

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:57:50 am
PC: More software, more users (so more support etc.), Macs are usually more expensive, most computers come with Windows (so if buying a Mac, you may not get the computer you want)
Mac: some say it is easier to use, less viruses
Alternatives
Linux: Free software/operating system, less viruses, more options in terms of opperating system
But... less commercial software than others (free software is often not as good as commercial ones, especially at high end), very few computers come with it installed, can be a bit difficult to get working

This is just for starters, there are lots of other reasons why, search it on Google.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:18:04 pm
I'm thinking of a Mac with Leopard system

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:44:30 pm
There's noithing like dos.

or the commodore 64

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:37:11 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
Which should I buy next, a Mac, or a PC?

Macs are so much better.  Buy a Mac.  I have a black MacBook and a Mac Mini and they are both wonderful.  I have Leopard on both and they are 100 time better than the Gateway I had before that.  Plus any program you can use on a PC you can use on a Mac now.
Bryce Rea

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:43:56 pm
Quote from: "CHR"
PC: More software, more users (so more support etc.), Macs are usually more expensive, most computers come with Windows (so if buying a Mac, you may not get the computer you want)
Mac: some say it is easier to use, less viruses
Alternatives
Linux: Free software/operating system, less viruses, more options in terms of opperating system
But... less commercial software than others (free software is often not as good as commercial ones, especially at high end), very few computers come with it installed, can be a bit difficult to get working

This is just for starters, there are lots of other reasons why, search it on Google.

Apples support and customer service is so much better than PCs anyways.  Macs are more expensive but will last much longer than PCs, and you can't get viruses on Macs.  Always a good thing to have.  (so if buying a Mac you may get more of a computer than you thought you were getting. :wink:)

Macs are very nice and worth the extra money.  I will swear by that.
Bryce Rea

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:14:17 pm
Lets review shall we.

Old crappy Gateway that had many problems and every time I called Gateway I got someone in India that I couldn't understand and none of the problems ever got fixed and the coverage period ran out.

Next, my wonderful Mac Mini that is now 3 years old and still runs like new.  I have never had any problems with this computer.

Third, my even more wonderful Black MacBook.  It is 1 year old to the exact day actually.  May 21st 1 year ago I open it out of the box.  It has had one problem with the plastic cover where it started to crack open next to the mouse pad.  I called Apple, talked to someone in the US, and had it fixed in just under 48 hours.  No questions asked.

And both of them together.

My brother also has a White MacBook which as far as Apples go it is quite the lemon of a computer.  It has had 4 or 5 problems, but Apple has fixed it every time no questions asked.

Apples customer service is next to none and their computers are absolutely amazing.
Bryce Rea

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 11:20:43 pm
OMG!!!!!!!!!! MAC's are not better than PC's. It is a matter of opinion, so dont say things like Macs are better than windows. They are equally good computers, with different benefits and different disadvantages. (Being, from Seattle.... im sure youknow which I prefare).
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09:16 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
OMG!!!!!!!!!! MAC's are not better than PC's. It is a matter of opinion, so dont say things like Macs are better than windows. They are equally good computers, with different benefits and different disadvantages. (Being, from Seattle.... im sure youknow which I prefare).

I must disagree with you.  They are not equal computers.  You buy a $400 PC which is usually the base price for the average PC and you pay $1,200 dollars for the base Apple.  They are not equal.  Yes this is my opinion, sorry that I didn't make that perfectly clear in earlier posts, most people figure that out by themselves.  Besides I can say what ever I want being that is is my opinion, so please don't beat me over the head with a hammer for expressing my opinion.

I used to use PCs.  I used to beat Apple down.  I used to hate Apples.  However I have seen the light now. :D
Bryce Rea

tadams

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 01:30:08 am
I had mac once,  nothing but problems and it couldn't run the programs i wanted, so i went to PC and never looked back.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 03:56:00 am
Quote from: "tadams"
I had mac once,  nothing but problems and it couldn't run the programs i wanted, so i went to PC and never looked back.

I do agree there.  The older Macs were not as good as the new ones.  Even just like 8 years ago with the new colored iMacs they were not as good as PCs.  Now though you can run anything you can run on a PC on a Mac.  You can even run windows on a Mac now.
Bryce Rea

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 05:29:20 am
Quote from: "sla31"

I must disagree with you.  They are not equal computers.  You buy a $400 PC which is usually the base price for the average PC and you pay $1,200 dollars for the base Apple.  They are not equal.  Yes this is my opinion, sorry that I didn't make that perfectly clear in earlier posts, most people figure that out by themselves.  Besides I can say what ever I want being that is is my opinion, so please don't beat me over the head with a hammer for expressing my opinion.

I used to use PCs.  I used to beat Apple down.  I used to hate Apples.  However I have seen the light now. :D
Well then, just to clarify...... do you prefare windows operating systems or apple operating systems?

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 05:46:30 am
Quote from: "sla31"

Well then, just to clarify...... do you prefare windows operating systems or apple operating systems?

Apple, I love Macs new operating system.  I have tried Vista and don't like it.  XP was pretty good though. :lol:

It isn't so much Windows I don't like.  It is more the companies Dell, Gateway.  I don't like the way they run and it seems like Apple prides themselves in what they do much more than those companies.  I just think Apples are all around nicer and easier to use.
Bryce Rea

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 05:50:18 am
My Vista works wonders on all our computers (labtops and big junkies) :D I dont like the apple system software..... for, me Idont know where anything is.... atleast with Windows, I can understand why they have somethnigs this way and that way, etc.

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 05:52:39 am
My Vista works wonders on all our computers (labtops and big junkies) :D I dont like the apple system software..... for, me Idont know where anything is.... atleast with Windows, I can understand why they have somethnigs this way and that way, etc.

I had the same problem when I first switched.  My friend convineced me to buy a Mac and I really didn't like it at first.  Then after using it a while I began to like it so much more.
Bryce Rea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk