Airline Mogul Forum

Price slashing...Is there really a point to it or...

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:09 am
I'm also not wasting any gates. I have built mine.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 06:55:38 am
Quote from: "Triple_7"
Your dealing with about 7 times the people too :wink:

Would be nice to have a button to update all routes the highest ticket price possible that can still pull a 100% load though :D  Would save countless minutes :roll:

0.5 changes...wouldn't introduce them in the middle either...but fresh surprises at the beginning of a new round are what make games like this interesting and keep it challenging.  Someone gets mad because they cant make an aircraft do 30 0.5s then thats their problem.  Limiting it to one per aircraft would make it even better since it would be realistic...and people wouldn't fly to the top so incredibly fast :shock:

the magic thing is one per plane is completely illogical.

anyways. it's been discussed before.

there will never be a button to automatically hit 100%... routes would tank twice as fast. there will be some mass edit system hopefully by the end of thanksgiving weekend (USA) as well as swapping aircraft.

and the routes being killed by frequency really depends on the demand for the route.  if you do 20 frequencies for 500 odds are they're pretty small planes, if there's a large plane dumped at 2 frequencies it can easily chew up a large demand that otherwise was available.

20 * 16 = 320 (an 8 seater round trip); 218*2 = 436 (a super connie round trip).

admittedly the script isn't 100% realistic in that everyone doesn't bumrush the cheapest flight until it fills, but it's the most rational way at present i know of accurately processing the data in a rather realistic manner.  if someone has a better idea for a system that's feasible i'm all ears.  For now, i abide by the principle that (given we don't have multiclass seating, etc) consumers simply want the best deal, and if they can't get that they move onto the next best deal. etc etc etc.  In the event of a tie, the oldest route is preferred.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 07:27:33 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

there will never be a button to automatically hit 100%... routes would tank twice as fast. there will be some mass edit system hopefully by the end of thanksgiving weekend (USA) as well as swapping aircraft.

Thats fine with me. I do not edit every route that does not have LF 100%. I leave it if its above 90%. Otherwise it would cost too much money to update just to see the next day the profit from that route dropped again by 20%.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 08:55:39 am
I leave it above 85% because I know if i go higher.. it would affect the competitors more...

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

TerryWrist

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 02:56:23 pm
can we have an airline mogul game for people over the age of 21? and people for under the age of 21?

people over 21 pay a small fee with their OWN credit card? i.e. $2

it makes no sense for someone to jump onto an 800 euro route and drop it to 50 bucks to get rid of competition
i think stephen has seen our countless plots/rants to get rid of the competition on another forum
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/flyusyo.gif[/img]
Flying Cheap with Added Safety and Security!

Would John from Los Angeles please report to the Cathay Baggage Check....   :roll:
"so yesterday i flew with Cathay in a DC-3!"

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 03:09:05 pm
I also have short haul high capacity routes running mutli frequencies...

don't have much choice out of ORD, its either try to cover the demand at the fare that there is or loose the revenue for nothing. So yes im flying multi-DC-6B/L1049/SE2010/R6V flights to some cities. But im not hogging gates at ORD, i own all 100... if i was renting no way would i be fighting for the #1 spot.

And im also in some nasty fare wars... including with some airlines that have posted in this thread... thats the way this game goes.

:roll:
additionally... alot of routes currently in the game are running with fares that are way too high because of low capacity, so yea if im gonna run 5x CV240 on a route thats only seen .5x L1049 before, the fare is coming way down.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 03:27:46 pm
Quote from: "TerryWrist"
can we have an airline mogul game for people over the age of 21? and people for under the age of 21?

it makes no sense for someone to jump onto an 800 euro route and drop it to 50 bucks to get rid of competition
i think stephen has seen our countless plots/rants to get rid of the competition on another forum

Just want to point out age is not the line for price war. Age is not even the line to determine rational / irrational, logical / illogical thoughts, let alone business sense or purposeful sabotages.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 03:39:32 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

Just want to point out age is not the line for price war. Age is not even the line to determine rational / irrational, logical / illogical thoughts, let alone business sense or purposeful sabotages.

But at least the older folk are paying to be idiots.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

greenlight711

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 08:12:02 pm
Just thought i should put my thoughts on 0.5 frequencies out there.

I'm a struggling airline (or at least i was and still have the struggling mindset), New Zealand-Pacific Airways, and in order to maximise my profits i have a few 0.5 routes which i naturally plan to rectify as i consolidate my fleet.

To me, and i know this isn't how the game works, 0.5s are flights that your airline doesn't fly daily, but every few days but the game isn't able to model that, eg i have a Sydney - Honolulu route with a Connie that if i were running an airline back in the 50's i would only send out 2-3 times a week.

I don't know if semi-daily flights could be modeled into the game instead of 0.5s, but it is a though.

Ian.

PedestrianMe

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 08:17:49 pm

21 seems arbitrary. I've had a credit card since I was 16. I can check statements going back ten years to see which girlfriend was the most expensive...

Although I just realized this may be a country specific issue. In some US states you can work at age 16 (or 15 or 14, etc.) and thus you're entitled to all bank services. Maybe in your country it's 21.

Anyway, I digress, yes I think AM should cost something, if that means the layout and fun-factor could improve.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 02:49:11 am
Quote from: "Vamerica"
I'm one of those 2 airlines and I am not doing any multiple accounts. I just Got new big jets and put them in Seattle because I was being killed there, and to get full load factor I had to lower the price. I'm not trying to kill the game. I'm just a 13 year old kid playing after H/W is over. I suffer the same thing in places. Try Atlanta, that is the worst.

Doug

P.S.   The other airline is also killing my routes.

Oh.... Homework. The dread of schoolers....
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 02:57:31 am

I HATE H/W!!!! :x  :x

At least this week is just a 3 day one because of Thanksgiving.      Yay for Thanksgiving   :lol:   :lol:

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 02:59:52 am
Quote from: "Vamerica"

I HATE H/W!!!! :x  :x

At least this week is just a 3 day one because of Thanksgiving.      Yay for Thanksgiving   :lol:   :lol:

hehe... I still have to do my dreaded partner project, but then we shouldn't really be complaining, due the the fact we arent in colledge..... How did you updat so quickly?
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 03:04:31 am
Up date What

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 03:09:54 am
Quote from: "PedestrianMe"

21 seems arbitrary. I've had a credit card since I was 16. I can check statements going back ten years to see which girlfriend was the most expensive...

Get married, it gets worse....  MUCH MUCH WORSE

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk