Airline Mogul Forum

User Locations & Game Slowdowns

Poll

What region of the world (read: time zone) are you in?

Western N. & S. America
6 (33.3%)
Central N. & S. America
2 (11.1%)
Eastern N. & S. America
3 (16.7%)
Western Europe & Africa
5 (27.8%)
Eastern Europe & Africa
1 (5.6%)
Western Asia & Middle East
0 (0%)
Central Asia
0 (0%)
Eastern Asia & Australia
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

lasdlt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:10 pm
I've been playing Airline Mogul off and on for about a year, and I just started back again.  I do most of my playing between 1130 and 2000 Pacific Standard Time.  I notice that between about 1130 and 1400 the website is incredibly slow, taking up to a minute to load a single page.  I know it's not my internet, so the issue must lie with the website.  The purpose of the poll is to get a feel as to where most of the AM players are and how it affects website loads during my play time.  The other question in my mind is, if this is actually a low-traffic period for the website, is maintenance and updating being performed?

I appologize for the rather large blocks of areas for which you can vote, but I'm going for time zone here really.
Ireland Air
World 350 & 366

skywaker9

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:42:28 am
End of the month for PW 350 IS at 1 PM Pacific time, so I'm not shocked that's slow....

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:57:45 am
The other question in my mind is, if this is actually a low-traffic period for the website, is maintenance and updating being performed?

Generally maintenance updates take place twice a day.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 01:00:37 pm
Also, what time(s) do you normally visit the site on? (Include the time zone) We would have more comprehensive information from the site tracking statistics on when the site is busiest etc.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:37:55 pm
Also, what time(s) do you normally visit the site on? (Include the time zone) We would have more comprehensive information from the site tracking statistics on when the site is busiest etc.

I normally play 1 or 2am pst (I live in Seattle, Wa.)and don't have any problems with the speed of the site. Today I started playing shortly before 1pm pst and it was running pretty slow and my internet speed said very good to excellent. Sorry don't know the speed the internet was running number wise but I wasn't having problems opening up other pages and they were loaded with pics.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

lasdlt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:56:03 pm
I have noticed huge differences between when I log on at 1130-1230 PST and when I log on later on in the day.  My orginal post was wrong, the slow downs generally stop around 1300.  Does the end of game month slow down the game as the servers have to do a bunch of math computations?

And when I say slow downs I mean ultra-slow page loads of up to one minute.  I doubt that it's too many users logged onto the game, it might be related to end of month.  It occurs in both Public World 350 and Private World 366.  And since seafly4fun has noticed the same slow downs at the same time, I at least know it isn't me.
Ireland Air
World 350 & 366

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk