Airline Mogul Forum

Hi Guys - Intro

Virgin_Atlantic

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 17, 2009, 09:17:41 am
Hi Guys

I am MHunter of world 328, I currently Operate Virgin Atlantic in Australasia :D

In Real Life I do work for Virgin Atlantic Myself, I am currently a Steward training to be a Pilot so all this is kind of ironic.

Firstly i`ve had some great help from another Airline who offered me some fantastic advice and has let me succeed in the game so far.

I was just wondering, If I had 10 million to spend on a new jet, what would be my best option to go for, I am obviously looking for cheapest to run, most passengers, fast and reliable.

I recently rented out a VardaxServ Aero Hotter and its a fantastic machine, it doesnt have very much range, but fuel and running costs are low on board and it is making me the most profit out of my planes, i do plan on buying another one of these for the basic short haul flights.

I am looking to build up a fleet of good long distance planes that can make some serious money, at the moment with the stage I am at, i dont have the serious money alot of you guys do to put down £300,000,000 on 10 airbus or boeing aircraft. so would buying or leasing be my best option?

Kind Regards
M

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:38:27 am
Welcome to AM!

this game is not like real life where the long haullers are more profitable unfortuantly, so your better off starting small with small aircraft upto about A320ish

Virgin_Atlantic

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 10:01:34 am
thanks!

I would like to develop sooner,

but obviously i do need bigger "carrying" planes for more seats?

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:14:49 am
Hi and welcome!

And on that note, you tend to find that planes seating over 300 people become unprofitable due to high maintenance costs ;)
767's are good for long-haul or domestic short-haul alike.
Skywest PW1217

Virgin_Atlantic

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:42:54 am
thanks for the advice so far :D

I am just letting my money build up so i can actually buy a plane

I find that leasing is worth it when your a small airline like myself, but then eventually becomes unprofitable due to constantly paying for the aircraft that you could of bought for 2 million euros months ago...

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 10:44:06 am
I've never leased an aircraft the whole time I've played this game :P
Skywest PW1217

Virgin_Atlantic

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 10:51:09 am
I felt i had no choice, my money was building up, but at the end of the month due to maintenance costs it was all gone.

i got wise and leased a aircraft, and bought out 3 highly profitable new routes to my airline, which has stopped taking me back into the red at the end of the month.

I now am coming out with some profit after all of my costs are deducted, I plan to earn some money, buy my next plane (as i can now afford to) keep 2 bought planes and 1 leased for a while and build myself up until i have enough to return the leased plane as its been replaced by my new one :D

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:58:37 am

I wonder what's your ranking in every game you play.   :roll:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 11:03:35 am