Reply #90 on: October 12, 2008, 01:17:40 am
Some changes for today:

:o

That was a lot of (very welcome) changes! ;D

PaliAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: October 12, 2008, 05:37:26 am
First I would like to say thank you to Stephen and the rest of the team. This is a great game and the continued development is great.

I would like to suggest a breakdown of MX costs per A/C. This would help in determining when an A/C should be replaced. On that note I also think that the MX costs might need to be slowed down a bit as replacing an A/C every time it hits 3-4 year old would not be cost effective in the real world. This would push for more leases than ownership as with Leases you would not have to pay any MX costs.

Just trying to make the game more like the real world.

Thanks

Casey 

daniel-1020

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: October 12, 2008, 09:27:28 am
I would also highly appreciate maintenance costs per plane.
But back to the new features. I also miss the ability to sort the aircraft fleet by age - several others have already mentioned that in this very thread.
At the moment I have about 70 KFCs in my fleet, ranging from 0 to 5 years. I would like to gradually phase out the oldest of them, but at the moment, finding them is really annoying. That was way better before!

To make the game more realistic, I also have several suggestions (lower maintenance e.g.), but I will open a different threat for them, as I understand this thread is about the critique on the new features.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: October 12, 2008, 09:34:12 am
Thanks for adding the LF to quick stats and the edit/close route buttons. Just one thing - why do clicking the edit/close route buttons bring up a new window?

Because I was of the understanding that if you go to edit routes, chances are you want to edit more than one. And for that reason it allows you to use multiple tabs. (Its designed for use with tabbed browsers)

I also miss the ability to sort the aircraft fleet by age - several others have already mentioned that in this very thread.
Please re-read my post of changes and take a look a the view aircraft page. It was implemented before your post.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #94 on: October 12, 2008, 12:15:09 pm
In W14, at the A/C Market entry page, there are 2 planes shown under leasing deals. These a/c don't seem to be available to the public (and clicking on "Buy" does nothing). Is this a bug?

Aircraft IDs are 2947 and 275.

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #95 on: October 12, 2008, 01:33:00 pm
Thanks for adding the LF to quick stats and the edit/close route buttons. Just one thing - why do clicking the edit/close route buttons bring up a new window?

Because I was of the understanding that if you go to edit routes, chances are you want to edit more than one. And for that reason it allows you to use multiple tabs. (Its designed for use with tabbed browsers)

OK i understand that, but you would normally edit 1 route at a time, right? So after editing the route it brings you back to the view routes page. This eliminates the need to open the page in a new tab.

I have firefox 3 (with tabs, of course) but when I am on my 1024x768 resolution laptop, all the tabs get quite annoying.

Thanks

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: October 14, 2008, 06:57:28 am
Some changes for today:
Private World game duration restriction - Corrected

Thats it for now.

It can only go up to 89 years now on Opera  :( I wanted 1919 - 2019! Or atleast 1919-2010....

RREF Matrix Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008, 07:18:42 am
in the last 2/3 days your (advanced)route search screwed up.  doing a 'check my own gates search brings up with gates which i don't own at all.

fix this please as it makes creating new routes harder

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: October 15, 2008, 08:21:53 pm
It can only go up to 89 years now on Opera  :( I wanted 1919 - 2019! Or atleast 1919-2010....

We don't have fuel data for 2009 or after, as we haven't reached those years in real life just yet. :) As a result, it is not possible to play in them.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: October 15, 2008, 10:05:32 pm

We don't have fuel data for 2009 or after, as we haven't reached those years in real life just yet. :) As a result, it is not possible to play in them.

Oh ok fair enough :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk