Airline Mogul Forum

The Irish Postal Service + Komplett

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
on: July 21, 2008, 11:21:18 am
Right, so I'm sitting here gawking at the ever changing outside world, just waiting for my fixed computer to be returned. I sent it off on the 19th of June, so a month has passed, and it should be here by now. I live down the road from a post office, and down the road from Kompletts distribution centre. Komplett said I could not simply drop in the computer (because it was faulty) at the distribution centre, that I had to post it to them, so it could be forwarded to the Netherlands, to diagnose and fix the problem. So basically, I paid €30 for my computer to go from one end of the road, to the other. When I left it off at the post office, I got a tracking number. The website said it was in the post office. Fair enough.

The next day, I wake up, go to my slow as hell laptop and check the website again. Still at the post office. "Well, I should give it some more time" I thought to myself. At the end of this day, its still at the post office.

Next day, same story, still there! How long could it take to drive a computer, two miles up the avenue?

Next day, "Delivered". Komplett should receive it in three days.

A week and a half later, Komplett are happy to email me that its finally there. It will be fixed in two days.

They call me in to their offices in Blanchardstown, explaining the problem, and offering me a refund or a replacement. Obviously I go for the replacement. The next week I receive an email that the replacement is on its way, that it had been fully tested, and with BurnInTest. Alright.

It arrives in Dublin on the 16th of July. Things start to move on the 18th. Now its the 21st. I was assured it will arrive today. And here I am. Waiting.

So the moral of the story is, if you live in Ireland and your buying from Komplett, don't buy for Komplett.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:46:04 am
Try Fedex or UPS or DHL  :wink:

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:53:35 am
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Try Fedex or UPS or DHL  :wink:

Normally An Post are quite good. Perhaps the parcel end is whats dragging them down. I can post a letter at 4pm from my home in the west, and it will be in most corners of Ireland by the first post delivery the next day. All for about 50c.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 06:58:12 pm
It just arrived, however when I start it up, it says Disk Boot error... any ideas anyone?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:25:11 pm
Quote from: "killian320"
It just arrived, however when I start it up, it says Disk Boot error... any ideas anyone?

Hmmm... post it to Komplett for a fix? :twisted:

Can you go into the BIOS setup and see if it detects a fixed disk? While you're at it, check the boot order. Make sure a fixed disk sits somewhere in the boot sequence.

neoncircles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:51:04 pm
I've had everything I've ever bought off Komplett delivered with An Post. Usually arrives within 3 days of ordering, and I'm living reasonably rural!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk