Airline Mogul Forum

No Gates Left

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 25, 2008, 08:10:36 pm
What should I do if there are no gates left in my base?
Are extra gates ever added in?

I know the obvious answer would be to build a terminal, but do remember that I'm a smaller airline (Around 7 Million DOP)
and I don't relish the idea of spending 33 Million on building a terminal. However, I would like to ask if unused gates at a terminal are flagged for unuse.

Also, 1 more thing. If I have 4 gates rented at Munich, and then I build 6 Terminals, then would I have to close my routes to return the rented gates, or would I just be able to return, meaning the system doesn't have a difference between terminal gates and rented gates.

Sorry if I don't make sense....  :oops:

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:30:43 pm
Well there is 2 ways. See if any gates are returned at month change, and as you said, building terminal,\. Those are really your only choices

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:33:19 pm
Quote from: "Lord Voldemort"

However, I would like to ask if unused gates at a terminal are flagged for unuse.

Yes, however it depends on if other airlines have unused (rented) gates there. The larger the airport, the more likely unused gates appear at the month change. In addition, inactive airlines get their gates returned once they are removed from the game--but I'm not sure how often that is ran.

Also, 1 more thing. If I have 4 gates rented at Munich, and then I build 6 Terminals, then would I have to close my routes to return the rented gates, or would I just be able to return, meaning the system doesn't have a difference between terminal gates and rented gates.

To put it simply: building a terminal automagically moves all of your flights to the terminal gates. Thus, if you currently use all 40 slots in that airport, and you build a 6-gate terminal, all 40 used slots move to your terminal, and the 4 rented gates are empty, and, thus, marked to be returned--unless you can use 51 more slots* in the two months you have those gates.

* - Building a 6-gate terminal, plus your 4 rented gates equals 100 slots.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:39:34 pm
Thanks... I suppose I'll just build a terminal....  :cry:

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:00 pm
terminals are good :D

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 09:14:34 pm
Don't look for gates only at month change. If you have competitors that are expanding fast and have their own terminals, chances are they may release a gate at some other time. This is because, when we have a terminal and still some rented gates, for each 10 gates we add to our terminal we have to release one rented.

So, look often. :wink:

If you have to build a terminal, not all is bad. Gates from your own terminal cost only 75% of the regular rent price. In the long run, there are some savings to be made there.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 03:35:12 pm
Thanks guys. I built the terminal, and quite frankly, I think I'm better off now.
It only costs a million to extend it, paying off (as opposed to renting it) in a few months.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk