Airline Mogul Forum

What's next

MAXAir · 22 · 4189

SeaBlue Pacific Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 05:23:03 pm
World 4 is a pretty big world.  If the ending of world 4 won't trigger the creation of an equally big world, what happens to the players?  It's pointless to join existing worlds with a few years of playing time left.  I just don't know how we are gonna fill up existing old worlds when people want to start on a new world.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 09:23:27 pm
World 7 at the moment is the only world which is being seen by the script as not meeting the qualifications to be ignored.

hmm... I might make an exception in the script to accomodate multiple world closing(s), however I do not want to overly flood the game with additional worlds.  Too many worlds can be as much of a problem as too few.

Oh, and yes. game year(s) and length(s) are selected at random.  game year(s) are anything between 1950 and 2007 at the moment (i need to establish some kind of fuel costs for 2008 to include this year), provided there is sufficient time to play the full length of the game (i.e. a 10 year round won't start in 2007, but at the latest 1997)

game length is randomly selected with about a 50% chance of being a 5 year round, 40% chance of being a 10 year round, 9% chance of being a quick 1 year round, and 1% chance of selecting anywhere at random between a 1 year and a 25 year round.

Year selected by the script is what drives some of the other things, like which default plane there is, etc.  other things are just as random as the above two factors.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 05:48:27 am
Then, will there be a chance of having a 50 year-old DC-3 as the starter plane as most of the airlines in the world started with a second hand plane.
Also, will there be a chance of having a 747 as a starter plane? <<< Im just curious

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 07:19:07 am
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Then, will there be a chance of having a 50 year-old DC-3 as the starter plane as most of the airlines in the world started with a second hand plane.
Also, will there be a chance of having a 747 as a starter plane? <<< Im just curious

No and no.

The starters are pre-determined with eveyr year having a couple of possible choices in the database. The script would then randomly select out of the pre-determined models for the years. 747's are too large for a starter (unless you want to go bankrupt like Oasis Hong Kong :P )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 10:15:20 am
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"

No and no.

The starters are pre-determined with eveyr year having a couple of possible choices in the database. The script would then randomly select out of the pre-determined models for the years. 747's are too large for a starter (unless you want to go bankrupt like Oasis Hong Kong :P )

Oh, that would be a very noble way of going bancrupt! :P  :twisted:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

insertsoul

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 02:39:52 pm
how about a B737 or A320 as a starter plane
img]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6189/klmusamy9.jpg[/img]
World's RELIABLE AIRLINE|PROUD MEMBER OF BLUESKIES
Member of the Asian sMiles Programme

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 03:46:51 pm
Quote from: "insertsoul"
how about a B737 or A320 as a starter plane

Way too big. Just start with a small aircraft, which gives the start of a new round much more fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk