Airline Mogul Forum

W3 - How do you make money with A300 on a competetive route?

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:05 am
Quote from: "nwadeltaboy"
The only people that buy it are the bigwig airlines, and the only reason they buy it is just for the heck of it :lol:

pretty much haha :wink:

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 10:11:55 am
How do you make money from the A300?
-Sell it!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 11:06:14 am
Exactly, by them in bulk, and sell or lease them to noobs. Thats the only smart way to opperate with them.

Theres only two reasons you should have one of these in your fleet.
A. Your a noob.
B. To screw over or compete with a noob.

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 03:15:14 pm
I put the A300 in China and I think they are not bad, the profit is acceptable, just slightly lower than the 732s.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 12:24:06 pm
Quote from: "Skyfox"
Exactly, by them in bulk, and sell or lease them to noobs. Thats the only smart way to opperate with them.

Theres only two reasons you should have one of these in your fleet.
A. Your a noob.
B. To screw over or compete with a noob.

Or you just love the plane in RL...

I put the A300 in China and I think they are not bad, the profit is acceptable, just slightly lower than the 732s.

But they cost a lot more- and that makes them unprofitable in comparison!

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 12:32:20 pm
You put it on a route, with tickets going for at least €1. Thats not the same as having a profit though... :twisted:
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:16 pm
Ah, the joy and pleasure of terrorizing n00bs :twisted:

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 06:20:04 pm
Very funny :roll:

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 07:06:03 pm
Quote from: "Dora"

So you replaced an aicraft that worked ''not bad'' by your own standards, with a more expensive, less fuel effieciant altenative, and as a result the performance is less, albeit marginaly less than your previous aircraft, the lowly 732. Granted you are pushing more passengers, but passengers alone are by no means a measure of success. Anyone looking at daily passengers as an indicator of profitability is looking at the wrong numbers. Looking at Daily profit can also be misleading, as you must also factor in maintenance and fuel costs, which will cost you come the first of the month.

Yahiko

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 04:54:11 am
I will never touch the A300.  ;)  Less money in a money-losing company.  Just purchased another Douglas 7C for my fleet.. :D

Sanosuke!
img]http://www.nucleus.com/~sonic/yahikoairlogo.jpg[/img]

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 05:05:01 am
Quote from: "Yahiko"
I will never touch the A300.  ;)  Less money in a money-losing company.  Just purchased another Douglas 7C for my fleet.. :D

That the same DC-7C which just undercut my A300 by a $1?

Very efficient aircraft to be able to do that.

;)
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

MahonuuAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:27 pm
I Purchased Around 10 Of These Aircraft & Consequently Have Moved Up Down One Space Into 15th Ranking In Europe. They Vary  Rareley Make A Profit As They Have So Many Seats The Fares Are To Cheap To Cover The Expense OF StaffEtc. Larger/Mid Airlines I Would Deffinitley Reccomend Swopping Older Smaller Aircraft Of Your Least Profitable Routes For Boeing 737-200ADV. Or Carvelle 12S They Are Much More Profitable And More Worthwhile As Well As Being Very Cheap ! Happy Moguling :)

- Contact Me - Mahoney_ben@hotmail.co.uk
Mahoneyaviation@hotmail.co.uk :!:

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 07:05:29 pm
Quote from: "MahonuuAir"
I Purchased Around 10 Of These Aircraft & Consequently Have Moved Up Down One Space Into 15th Ranking In Europe. They Vary  Rareley Make A Profit As They Have So Many Seats The Fares Are To Cheap To Cover The Expense OF StaffEtc. Larger/Mid Airlines I Would Deffinitley Reccomend Swopping Older Smaller Aircraft Of Your Least Profitable Routes For Boeing 737-200ADV. Or Carvelle 12S They Are Much More Profitable And More Worthwhile As Well As Being Very Cheap ! Happy Moguling :)

Thats a lesson we all have to learn. the A300 looks great on paper, but works terrible in this games mathematics. BTW your free to start MAN-CAI services, but please use a sensible plane with sensible frequencys.

Ill start selling mine off sooner or later, thankfully I havent been forced to use most of them yet.

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 07:08:04 pm
Quote from: "Skyfox"
Quote from: "MahonuuAir"

Thats a lesson we all have to learn. the A300 looks great on paper, but works terrible in this games mathematics. For a case in point, look at buisy routes in places like w 4 or 6, then look at w3s before the A300. Narrowbodies are the way to go.  BTW your free to start MAN-CAI services, but please use a sensible plane with sensible frequencys. TU-154s or 727ADVs work wonders. There is no need for any larger aircraft within thier range bracket.

Ill start selling mine off sooner or later, thankfully I havent been forced to use most of them yet.

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 02:23:51 am
I gotta say, I'm happy with the few that I have, but they are pretty mission specific, and the last few that I bought were specifically to compete with others.  Right now I have one just sitting in the hangar.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk