Airline Mogul Forum

When exchanging planes

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 26, 2008, 09:51:18 pm
Hello all

Im prety sure everyone has the same problem: we want to change 20 old "model X aircraft" per 20 new "model Y aircraft" and it take hours to close and re-open every single route.
What would be the solution, if it exists, and is staff working on something like this?

It would be complicated. the first issue i think, is the speed of the aircraft. then we have the fares/loadfactor. but if the staff is really working on a script to edit routes fast, i think the next important change would be an airplane exchanging script. It is by far the most exaustive think to do on airlinemogul for big companies.

Me for example. Im changing 57 F28-4000 for 737-300 and i have almost no time per day to login. So my loadfactor is already at 78% and i cant seem to have time do go up. and now, i have planes do exchange =/

il quit college and dedicate my time to the mogul  :P
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:09:33 pm
The plan is that something along this line will be brought in when we have the Fleet Management System released. It will be after that time. I have largely finished it, in that all my initial plans for it are coded, and mostly tested.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:12:10 am
Thats very nice!

i cant wait, lol
do you have plans on how it will be inserted?

this game is getin better every time :)
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk