Airline Mogul Forum

Alliance bug (new)

kentip

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 02, 2008, 09:05:09 am
I found that even the vote has passed itself for over two months, the airline still doesn't get into the alliance. I beleive that it's a bug and please fix it asap.... Thanks.
img]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4825/npsigkd3.jpg[/img]
CEO OF UNITED SKY GROUP
NEXUS PACIFIC, ID:808
Connecting you to the World
World 3 with bases in AMS, CPH, FCO, DME, ZRH, VIE

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:42:44 am
-kicks it- man... i've got half a mind to strangle this alliance code.  :( I'm double checking it, When i figure out what's going wrong and why, i'm gonna run a quick'n'dirty update script to manually put in all accepted players in each world who otherwise have been affected by this bug (my understanding is Exec Orders don't fail like these do).

edit: at the moment, it's 4:45 am. when i wake, i'm gonna triple check the code, slap it a few times, possibly even print it out so i can feel the self satisfaction of tearing it to shreds. then, with luck, fix it and finally be free from this bug -_-
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

kentip

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:12:32 am
I am not pushing at you...Air EL....it's ok.

Take your time....
CEO OF UNITED SKY GROUP

cooperdan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:13:34 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
-kicks it- man... i've got half a mind to strangle this alliance code.  :( I'm double checking it, When i figure out what's going wrong and why, i'm gonna run a quick'n'dirty update script to manually put in all accepted players in each world who otherwise have been affected by this bug (my understanding is Exec Orders don't fail like these do).

edit: at the moment, it's 4:45 am. when i wake, i'm gonna triple check the code, slap it a few times, possibly even print it out so i can feel the self satisfaction of tearing it to shreds. then, with luck, fix it and finally be free from this bug -_-

Yeah dude you sound quite stressed moi advice to you is get some sleep cos health is more important than work (trust me i know)
ime is hell not a clock.

ID-8345

Visit http://thailand-djc.myminicity.com/  if you get very bored.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:10:26 pm
Stressed, not as much as frustrated at this piece of code... I keep thinking I've fixed it and nope. wily bug.

Anyways. Looking into it, I have a good idea of what it was at this point, I just need to wake up enough to try catching up everyone's entry petitions. Hopefully, barring terrible distraction or death, I can get that together as a once-off script later this evening.  Any very recent votes work (as in, within the past 8 hours)?

and No. do NOT rush off to re-apply, I will be getting the update/correction in place by the end of tomorrow if this is the correct bug.  If not, this ETA may be out the window.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:58 pm
ok. i ran what looks like the patch. let me know if players who were voted in still aren't in, make sure they hop out of and back into the world though.

kentip

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 03:38:02 pm
Thanks Air EL.... Will do tmr.
CEO OF UNITED SKY GROUP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk