Airline Mogul Forum

alliance voting [PW4]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 03:51:16 am
Quote from: "EvoAirways"
Staff and Coders I realize your busy and this is a free game, but this is a big issue for those of us that have took the 10+m hit to start our respective alliances. Twice now this has been "fixed" yet here we are a days later with the same error but a different message.

sincerest apologies for my delay in fixing this. work and life has been crazy over the past 72 hours (as things tend to get during the work week, especially when doing taxes in the States shortly before April 15).

I've forced my way temporarily into FT alliance in world 6 and personally have done my best to test out my bug fixes this time (prior, i was unable to properly test this file out and unfortunately only reacted to posted bugs).  To the best of my knowledge, it appears every single bug thusfar mentioned has been fixed.  the div/0 is gone (100% sure), I can vote as a non CEO and (after refreshing... I'll have to work on that) the vote seems to register as yes/no appropriately.  several of those bugs were caused by a typo in setting the variable which says who properly to accept (dumb, dumb error on my part).

The only feature i have not tested out is the CEO's force vote, however much of the mechanics behind that feature are the same as the mechanics involved in simply voting yes/no.  Apologies again for my delinquency in addressing this bug.  I believe, sincerely, based on my personal investigations that much of the script is now working properly.  as stellar of a job as our beta group did, some bugs are invariably going to escape even their watchful eyes.  Unfortunately this was one of them.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Coastal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 04:11:36 am
the CEO pass function does work, but the reject function while removing the rejected airline from the pending list still leaves it as an open vote when you go into view all votes.  

Also this warning still appears on the vote page:

Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/vhosts/airlinemogul.com/httpdocs/airlinemogul/alliance_vote.php on line 79
Coastal Air  (CTL) ID:1745
http://worldair.freeforums.org/index.php

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 12:43:41 am
I admit it was a hasty patch, to which i'm unsure if i have 100% properly done.  I'm guessing that it was saying something about "vote_id" not existing, as I clearly saw a bug involving such a warning.

Also, a patch is in place that will work for the div/0.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Coastal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 05:05:15 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
I admit it was a hasty patch, to which i'm unsure if i have 100% properly done.  I'm guessing that it was saying something about "vote_id" not existing, as I clearly saw a bug involving such a warning.

Also, a patch is in place that will work for the div/0.

yep that was vote_id was what it was saying
Coastal Air  (CTL) ID:1745
http://worldair.freeforums.org/index.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk