Airline Mogul Forum

Bombardier C110/C130

sam051 · 16 · 3859

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:22 am
What does everyone think. New aircraft which is greener, fuel efficient and just generally cheaper to run....

have a looksie
http://www.bombardier.com/

1. Go to site map

2. Click Aerospace which is on a tab

3. Click Commercial Aircraft (below Bombardier in Japan)

4. Then click discover the Cseries

You're There wooo!

Also do you think success? or burnout?

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:22:09 pm
Depending on airline business development it MAY be a successful aircraft. But following some recent incidents with the QSeries (search for SAS accidents with undercarriage failures due to rust or something - can't remember exactly what it was) airlines may prefer their current suppliers of 100...149 seaters. I'd really like to see some more different aircrafts on airports. That's why I am also looking forward to the following aircrafts:

Sukhoi Superjet (AFAIK they work together with Boeing and made an agreement not to build aircraft sizes Boeing serves already)
Antonov AN-140 (some are in service already)
Antonov AN-148 (received Russian certification last year)

It would also be nice to see some more IL-114's or if the Ilyushin MC-21 aircraft ever will be realised. I am glad that the closest airport to my home is the second largest in Germany for traffic to/from the CIS states. Therefore russian aircrafts are seen more often than in other places.

The recent EMB models are also a wonderful addition to the aviation world - look a little bit like cigars to me which reminds me of the retired Starfighter :lol:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

quatzalcoatl

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:25:37 pm
Dornier tried building some of these a few years back, but went bankrupt on it.
Sad thing really.
I think there is quite a market there or those type of planes as is mirrored by the number of new developements in that market
(Mitsubishi has a study as well as some chinese consortium)

I think with aviation technology advancing, regional (and maybe even local) flights will become much more popular.
I also agree with AirHanoverInternational, that it would be nice to have more types of planes on our airports.
wesome Airlines - We get you there, probably...

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 05:52:55 pm
The recent EMB models are also a wonderful addition to the aviation world - look a little bit like cigars to me which reminds me of the retired Starfighter

Q: What's the easiest way to get a Starfighter?
A: Buy yourself an acre of land, wait for one to crash! :twisted:
(I'm almost sure this sounds familiar to AirHannover :wink: )

But on topic, I'm really looking forward on the new list:

Sukhoi Superjet (I hope they lift the ban on bigger planes sometimes later)
AN 148
CRJ 1000
the new E-Jets
the Chinese Jet

I think we're in for some changes in the market :D
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:23 pm
Just want to say that although we have the prelimitary data of all those listed above, only AN-148's are in the game.

Sukhoi RRJ's are due late this year, but will probably delay.
ACAC ARJ's (the Chinese ones) are due 09 onwards, depending on which model (size) you are looking at.
CRJ 1000/ER are scheduled for 09 as well.
Bombardier C series are currently planned for 2013 :roll:
Mitsubishi MJ's are due in 2012.

We are talking about the future... where a lot of airlines we know may not even exist anymore and Virgin might have got us into space travel by then :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 07:17:59 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

We are talking about the future... where a lot of airlines we know may not even exist anymore and Virgin might have got us into space travel by then :P

Space mogul?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  We live in hope :D:D:D

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:45:15 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

Q: What's the easiest way to get a Starfighter?
A: Buy yourself an acre of land, wait for one to crash! :twisted:
(I'm almost sure this sounds familiar to AirHannover :wink: )

Yes, it does indeed. Although I joined the German Naval Forces about ten years after they were retired from service in Germany we still had enough older guys on our base that have worked on those birds. For your joke: we added the land should be located close to a runway.

Back on topic: Dornier was on the right way with its Do728 but had financial troubles before. The merger with Fairchild made that manufacturer collapse finally :cry:

quatzalcoatl

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 12:13:00 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"

Back on topic: Dornier was on the right way with its Do728 but had financial troubles before. The merger with Fairchild made that manufacturer collapse finally :cry:

Yeah, but without them they wouldn't have made it much further anyway. A real pity as i love the planes (i even go so far as to manufactoring my own line of die-cast do728s)
I think i saw them in the game somewhere, can't wait to get to 2003 and fly them :D

Another sad thing was the collapse of Fokker. I heard of plans to re-establish it as Rekkof (sounds really silly) and manufacture modified F70s and F100, but i don't really think they'll make it.
wesome Airlines - We get you there, probably...

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 08:38:29 am
Quote from: "quatzalcoatl"
Rekkof (sounds really silly)

Read it backwards :wink:

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:48:51 am
Virgin Blue has EMB170's and 190's i like them but kinda squishy inside.

I think it could be a success but companys have already invested to much in Airbus and Boeing to pull out, but who knows....

Now of my own subject but,

Sukhoi had to sign something that boeing gave them, it was to make sure that they could not be in the same class as boeing and that they should produce no competition. Anyone think that this means Boeing is afraid of what Sukhoi can produce?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 08:53:02 am
Boeing is just covering itself for potential clashes in the airplane market. Obviously they have some faith in the ability of Russian airplane manufacturers, otherwise this whole cooperation-agreement thing wouldn't have happened. It's not so much Boeing being afraid, it's more Boeing being willing to help out in return for a guaranteed market share on some of their own models, which IMO is quite a smart move from the Americans.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:14:46 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Boeing is just covering itself for potential clashes in the airplane market. Obviously they have some faith in the ability of Chinese airplane manufacturers, otherwise this whole cooperation-agreement thing wouldn't have happened. It's not so much Boeing being afraid, it's more Boeing being willing to help out in return for a guaranteed market share on some of their own models, which IMO is quite a smart move from the Americans.

You know that Sukhoi is a Russian manufacturer and not Chinese? Or did I misread your post?

@sam051: Boeing sold a lot of aircraft to former Soviet Union states. Bigger airlines from the CIS get rid of their older russian aircrafts - at least on international routes (due to noise restrictions and passenger acceptance). I am sure they do not want to transfer technology to Sukhoi and then be kicked out of the CIS market.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 09:58:36 am
@AirHAJIntl:  :roll: Edited, thanks :) I misread my own post, I'm afraid.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 12:04:42 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Just want to say that although we have the prelimitary data of all those listed above, only AN-148's are in the game.

Sukhoi RRJ's are due late this year, but will probably delay.
ACAC ARJ's (the Chinese ones) are due 09 onwards, depending on which model (size) you are looking at.
CRJ 1000/ER are scheduled for 09 as well.
Bombardier C series are currently planned for 2013 :roll:
Mitsubishi MJ's are due in 2012.

I know that most of my list aren't out yet, but I'm really looking forward to them
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 01:23:29 pm
Actually... Russian Aircraft Manufacturers are good. Their engineers are even smarter than the ones in Boeing and Airbus. However, their tech and equipments are not as good and they seldom get enough $$. Boeing has a reason to be afraid.

Bombardier is the one helping the Chinese ACAC for the ARJ's I believe.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk