Airline Mogul Forum

What are the differences between request a/c, purchase..?

CityFlyer.London

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
What are the differences between request a/c, purchase a/c and brokage?
img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/cityflyer_photo/cityflyer2.png[/img]
CityFlyer | id:10173 | News:

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:15:45 pm
Request aircraft = Aircraft request sent to a specific airline or brokerage and the aircraft gets ordered automatically when they accept the order. The aircraft is then automatically afterwards when delivered sent to the airline who requested the aircraft. Usually there is a markup (percentage of new aircraft value above the new manufacture price) or markdown (percentage of new aircraft value below new manufacture price)

Purchase aircraft = Aircraft ordered and delivered brand spanking new from the aircraft makers HQ.

Brokerage = A little bit like request aircraft, but they sometimes have 2nd hand planes which allows them to sell them cheaper. A broker in the game is someone who sells planes to many airlines and not just the occasional once or twice for when they dont need a aircraft any more

CityFlyer.London

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:26:49 pm
so why people do not purchase a/c directly from those a/c manufactoroes buy select to request a/c? Is it faster?
img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/cityflyer_photo/cityflyer2.png[/img]

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:29:40 pm
Purchasing from the manufacturer is fastest and easiest, however you need to pay upfront. Buying from a broker or another player will allow you to only have to fund the deposit and the rest on delivery, saving you a bit of money to do something else with. However your plane will not be ordered untill accepted by a broker or player.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 03:46:21 pm
Moved to General Chat (A/Z of the Aircraft Market forum is for airplane transactions only :wink: )

Adding to the above: Besides, requesting aircraft means you could possibly get the plane cheaper.

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 03:52:17 pm
IF you are nice to MrOrange he may accept your order at -10%

CityFlyer.London

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 03:53:45 pm
Quote from: "DAK"
IF you are nice to MrOrange he may accept your order at -10%

MrOrange? Is he the largest broker in the game? =]

Finanlly I know what is request a/c..thx iranair, DAK and MrOrange. =P
This is my second day to play... I think I can afford a b732adv tmr
is it cost 43,070,002?

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 03:56:00 pm
I strongly suggest your read the Wiki and read through some of the other threads, all will become clear. MrO is one of the official brokers and not related to MrsO

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 03:56:51 pm
Who's Mrs. O?

And @Cityflyer: Place an in-game request at -7% and I'll take it. Price will be just over 40 million.

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 03:57:37 pm
As in Jacky O

CityFlyer.London

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 03:57:43 pm
Quote from: "DAK"
I strongly suggest your read the Wiki and read through some of the other threads, all will become clear. MrO is one of the official brokers and not related to MrsO

I have read it...but still I do not understand...>.<

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 04:00:13 pm
See my edited post, 3 posts above yours :)

The Brokerage system basically works as follows:

There are four official brokers, as noted in the Wiki. They can get planes cheaper, and can therefore offer them to you for less money than when ordering from the manufacturer. For that to work, you have to place an in-game request (if you need help with that, let me know). You pay 30% downpayment in advance, and the other 70% when the plane is delivered. Once the broker has accepted the request, the plane will automatically be ordered and put on the private aircraft market for you after manufacturing is complete.

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 04:03:51 pm
OK,

There are several ways in acquiring aircraft:

Lease
You can lease on the open market or direct from a player or Broker. Be mindful of the cost of the lease ( priced from 5% of its value) leases can work if you want to grow faster or you don't quite have the cash on hand yet to buy a plane

Buy Used
Self explanatory, at this early stage of the game most players will sell planes at a surcharge of up to 33%, plainly because you can have it now and don't have to wait for 24 hours or more

Buy New from the manufacturer
pay list price up front guaranteed delivery, will make a dent in your immediate cashflow

Buy New from General market
you can list a request on the general market with a small mark up to make it attractive for other players (the higher the markup the quicker it should be listed) you only pay your deposit when ordering

Buy New from a Broker
You can request a plane from one of the official brokers at a discount upto -10%. You pay a deposit of and the remainder in 3 game months. Brokers may not always be able to accept your request due to their own cashflow problems.

CityFlyer.London

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 04:04:01 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
See my edited post, 3 posts above yours :)

The Brokerage system basically works as follows:

There are four official brokers, as noted in the Wiki. They can get planes cheaper, and can therefore offer them to you for less money than when ordering from the manufacturer. For that to work, you have to place an in-game request (if you need help with that, let me know). You pay 30% downpayment in advance, and the other 70% when the plane is delivered. Once the broker has accepted the request, the plane will automatically be ordered and put on the private aircraft market for you after manufacturing is complete.

Mr Orange, sorry for my disturbance again.
So, do you mean if i want to request a b732adv cheaper, i have to type -1 in the mark up?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 04:05:19 pm
For official brokers, the percentages go down to a minimum of -10%.
For other airlines, it's -3% IIRC.
For a public listing, it's 0%.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk