Airline Mogul Forum

Too saturated in some bases!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 09:39:58 am
Just a quick tip that can help loads.. If your on a big hub like LHR, just fly to airports that have around 200k-3m pax. Believe me you'll get the same profit as flying LHR-LGW/MAD/AMS etc. And plus you wont have to edit a lot  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:00 am
Quote from: "Hot Drink"
Quote from: "Seattle"
Or try Africa, *Parts of Asia*, *Parts of North America*, *Parts of Europe*, and the Middle East.

It will be use ful at first, but if you are in Europe, i think you will have many competions anyway, right?

Haha, I was based out of Eastern Europe and Western Europe for last round. If you stay away from the larger airports (those with numbers higher than 8 mil), you should be ok. A mistake that most players make is that they think that HKG/NRT/MCO/YYZ/CDG/ATL/ORD/LHR/FCO/AMS/CPH/SIN/SFO/etc. will be instant goldmines for anyone who bases there, though the reality is that it'll only be instant massive riches for a one or two. You should consider basing at airports with smaller pax numbers until you can get a good feel for the game.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 01:02:13 am
I usually am based out of Pittsburgh, but I might switch things a bit.  I dunno - I MIGHT do that.  I do look for larger markets, but I want to stay away from the airports like LAX, ORD, ATL, JFK, etc...  ONE, because they get very saturated, TWO, larger airlines are there and will pretty much run me out of there -- lack of profitability...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

royaloyal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 02:39:42 am
By the way, some routes are still profitable even when there are competitions
Loyal to the Royal, Royal Loyal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk