Airline Mogul Forum

Another dumb question

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 29, 2008, 06:21:12 am
When I accept and Open Broker Request, that aircraft becomes mine correct??? Ive never done it before and thought id be stupid and click ok and am kinda worried now
etting the Standard for Commuter Airlines...

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:21:59 am
Yep.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 06:23:26 am
thank you

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:33:08 am
The real answer is no.

When you accept an open brokerage request, you are basically financing the majority of the cost of the plane in exchange for a % markup. The requester then has 3 game months to pick up the plane from you. If after three months the requester hasn't picked up the plane, it's your's to buy (at a 30% discount + any markup % you got).

If the percent markup is 0, that means you are providing the requester with free assistance in getting him (the requester) a plane. Anything above 0 means the requester is paying you x% to provide them with the brokerage deal.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:37:12 am
So you are basically giving them money to get their plane, and if they dont pick it up intime, you get it for cheep? Right?

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 06:39:19 am
Oops, I thought he meant something else :oops:  :lol:
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 06:41:22 am
well now i feel like and idiot how do u negociate the mark up because i was being curious and just clicker "broker plane" or whatever it was, the only benift then of me doing this was airline value and naming the plane and at somepoint i may end up having to pay full price and if i dont at that point have the money what happens

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 06:57:39 am
Quote from: "Bobandirus"
So you are basically giving them money to get their plane, and if they dont pick it up intime, you get it for cheep? Right?

Yes, for 0% markup.

If there is a request for, say, a 5% markup on a €10M plane, you will net a €500k profit upon completion of the brokerage transaction (the requester picks up the plane). Not too sure how often people don't pick up their brokered planes, but I wouldn't count on it happening very often.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 08:11:33 am
so say if they do pick up i dont get anything for assisting with the transaction??? or is that were airline value comes into play in terms of equaling out my stupidity on this case

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 08:15:10 am
Yes, you get a grateful competitor.  :P

Otherwise, if they pick it up, your company value actually goes down (as it went up when you accepted the deal).

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:21:04 am
Had missed this one...

Quote from: "Midwest15"
i may end up having to pay full price and if i dont at that point have the money what happens

No, you don't have anything else to pay. You already payed about 65% of the full price (the requester having payed the rest) and that's it. The only problem is, when the requester buys the plane from you, you'll also only receive the same 65%, hence no profit. No loss, either, except for money that you could have spent getting a plane for yourself.

Actually, I'm not sure about this, but I suppose that if they don't pick up the plane fast enough, you may also end up paying maintenance.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 11:37:11 am
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Not too sure how often people don't pick up their brokered planes, but I wouldn't count on it happening very often.

In about 1% of all my deals, a request wasn't taken. BTW, if they don't take it up in time, you get the plane for 70% of market value, seeing as the requester paid a downpayment of 30%. You paid the remaining 70%.

rysch

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 05:59:19 am
Just so I can be clear on this topic, when I click "Broker Aircraft," I automatically order an aircraft that will take 24 days to be delivered. Now, when that 24 days is up, do I have to manually list the aircraft on the market for the buyer or is it automatically listed?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 06:10:46 am
Quote from: "rysch"
Just so I can be clear on this topic, when I click "Broker Aircraft," I automatically order an aircraft that will take 24 days to be delivered. Now, when that 24 days is up, do I have to manually list the aircraft on the market for the buyer or is it automatically listed?

Automatically listed. Check if it's more than 3 days. When it is, click remove aircraft from sale and there you go a plane 30% of the actual price.  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 07:28:44 am
Interesting thread.  Thanks for spelling this all out in layman's terms.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk