Airline Mogul Forum

Vatsim or VA members here??

ceo_txi

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 28, 2008, 03:01:01 am
I have read in some of the various VA forums that there a lot of VA members here.
Who all here are members of a VA or hold VATSIM positions?
List your VA's and rank.

Mine are below:

Virtual American Airlines - Command Captain

Virtual Texas International Airlines - CEO

Delta Virtual (DeltaVA.org) Senior Captain - Retired from DVA 09-2006

joyu12

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:14:06 am
Mine:
CCM Virtual Airlines CEO
Virtual Norwegian Air Shuttle FO
img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/killian320/CorsicaJet.gif[/img]
Looking For Partners
Member of Nordic Alliance

MarkP1969

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:55:54 am
Founder Ozark Virtual Airlines: http://www.ozarkva.net

VATSIM ID: 814838

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 04:14:06 pm
Well take a look at what you want.

Some important items:
There are very few VA's that operate well out of a "Freewebs" site. A propperly done website without pop-up ads does say a lot about what goes on behind.
Look at requirements to join VATSIM/IVAO. If you are not a member and are not interested in joining either then dont bother.
Your type of flying also dicates what VA is right for you, personally I am in the mood for flying Props, so I do a lot of flying for 2 ATR Operating VA's. If you like a particular airline, there may be a VA dedicated to them.
Not all VA's have to be based on real airlines, there are excellent VA's that are completely fake. It just depends on what you want.

Finally, dont join 20 VA's at once. It will save on the inactivity emails. ;)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 04:17:45 pm
And since I haven't really seen this topic before.

I fly for 2 VA's at the moment:
Air Contractors Virtual (ABR Virtual) - They are an Irish based airline that operate the ATR42/72, Lockheed Hercules (Civvy Version! L-382G), A300 and the B727. They have a vast array of routes throughout Europe and operate with real world callsigns and have good integration with FSAcars.
www.abrvirtual.com

Aer Arann Virtual (REA Virtual) - Again, another Irish based airline that operate the ATR42/72. They will also be bringing in the BAe146. They have a very large network of routes across Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands, France and Spain. Quite a variety of hops from about 40mins through to 3hours.
www.reavirtual.com

Previous VA's:
Icelandair Virtual
US Airways Virtual
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:50:32 pm
Not that it is more complicated, as you say, but a headset will come in handy for voice operations on VATSIM. As for a pilots liscence, no, but you should have a reasonable knowledge of how to fly your FS aircraft, i.e Takeoff and landing procedures, SIDs and STARs, a few more, check www.vatsim.net/prc

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:59 pm
Is there a place where to fly online with others without having to prove your skills? Just hop in a plane, connect to a server, file a flightplan and start the engines. More like a beginners place. I mean I know how to fly (at least in the sim :wink: ) and I know the aircrafts pretty well but I am not very familiar with certain ATC commands and probably I still make a lot of mistakes (e.g. When to extend flaps upon approach? When to lower undercarriage? What's the proper speed at what distance to the destination airport?). I know such a place but unfortunatly most times I am the only one who is flying there. So I am looking for a kind of "student's" place where I am not the only on that the teacher is shouting at :lol: (Don't tell me to use the "AI" teacher from the sim. That's boring and you can't ask questions :? )
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:24:41 am
Quote from: "MXP"
I am a good pilot and have passed my FS licenses but I don't want to spend all of my flying time under strict rules following flightplans I don't want to do. I would also like a casual server where you can 'Just hop in a plane, connect to a server, file a flightplan and start the engines.' What is the name of the one you use, AirHanoverInternational?

See PM.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

cooperdan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 07:28:11 pm
wow MXP have to tell me all about it when i see u again :roll:
ime is hell not a clock.

ID-8345

Visit http://thailand-djc.myminicity.com/  if you get very bored.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52:39 am
I just joined Kiwi Air( http://flykiwi.net/index.php ). Im hoping to make one that is based in the Australasia. I could use a team if some of you want to help. Ill also need someone that can make logo's on planes for FSX that include model too.

cheers, Doug

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 01:13:05 pm
I used to run a VA... waste of time.

Just being in one takes the fun out of flying, why make pretend work, i just don't get it.

I fly where and when i want.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 03:45:08 pm
I know, old topic :P

I'm currently flying for Breathe Airways, which is good, and one day I might eventually consider starting one. Not yet though, not enough free time.

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:58:32 pm
I got bored of flight sims.
Pavel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk